Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Fellyn
Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:00 pm
Might have been answered already but how does Blues Greaves of the Righteous Guardian stand up in the list for feet? Just curious.
Ciandin
Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:08 am
Blue's sacrifices too many item points on worthless spell hit; stick with the 2.3 boots and use your 75 (or 15 if you don't have Guardians yet) badges elsewhere

edit: semi-colon
_________________
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
BluTrigger
Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:05 pm
Blue's greaves takes the seat for worst itemized pally piece for 2.4 imo... 100 badge chest closely following.. the 2.3 60 badge feet and the jungle stompers (or if ur spiffy/dumb and went BSing over engineering or JCing u can use the T5 quality craftable boots) are much better options to go with.


On the topic of the neck pieces:
I used the CE rep one when i was gearing up for Kara (trying to reach uncrush etc) as my one and only neck piece **note that was also pre 2.4 and therfore pre SSO rep**
Once I replaced/upgraded my CE rep on to the Barbed Choker from Maiden I switch back and forth btwn that one and the SSO (im scryer btw) one constantly. They are both really nice in certain situations:

Maiden (or CE rep one... essentially same itemization but diff Ilvl)
-Bosses that crush
-Making sure ur def is over 490
-Trash mobs that hit really hard
-Large AoE packs (Jan'alai's adds/Hyjal trash)
-well u can realistically use this thing whenever

SSO (Scryer proc is a bit more versatile)
-I use it when I tank Nalorakk's bear form... extra stam helps a lot where avoidance doesn't do too much for u against him not to mention juggling threat back and forth is a lot harder if ur attacks arent landing as much.
-Single target pulls where threat is a potential issue (L2 not use salv as much).
-25man trash packs where ur tanking only a couple targets that dont hit particularly fast
-I pretty much use this thing whenever I know I'm going to be mana starved from not taking enough dmg... so basically almost every heroic pull that doesnt consist of 4+ mobs and the whole first 1/2 of Kara (I think I switch it out around Nightbane/Illhoofish


So my point being is that the CE rep one is overall the more versatile of the 2, but the SSO neck has some great utility in some major situations
_________________
FearsWarden of <One Shot> Draenor -- 70 HU Tankadin

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Fearswarden
Fearnoevil
Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:01 am
In regards to...

#4 Battleworn Tuskguard - Hex Lord Malacrass, Zulaman
#4 Tankatronic Goggles - Engineering

I have used the goggles for ages and just picked up the Tuskguard last night (i wasnt that fussed to get it) and wonder what situations are best for each? Am i right in assuming the hit rating will translate to better single target threat and this make it better for MT a raid boss whereas the avoidance on Tuskguard translates better to AOE tanking in Hyjal?

Also if i were to shell out the epic gems for the Tuskguards should i bother with the Red+Yellow slot for +6 stam bonus or go all 3 +15 stam?

Thanks in advance Smile
Petrus
Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:48 pm
Eh, I picked up a Tuskguard and use it and the goggles situationally.
_________________
repenter
Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:48 am
So, I picked up the Blues greaves before I knew this site existed. Is it now worth it to get the 60 badges boots, or just keep using Blues?

THanks
Ciandin
Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:42 am
Depends upon the other gear you need from badges and the content you're doing
_________________
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
sanjsanj
Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:42 pm
Long time reader, first time poster. I love this forum, the tankadin class and this gear list immensely!

Just got a couple questions; Will this list be updated with the new WotLK stuff as it gets introduced or at some point in the future? And are there any other decent tankadin gear ranking sites that I could use to compare to this one that anyone could recommend please?
Ciandin
Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:29 am
I'm sure there will be an entirely new forum dedicated to WoW 3.0 gear. With the huge switch to new stats and modifiers, this list will be obsolete in a few months. Just keep doing what your doing and don't sweat over gear until then.
_________________
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Thaliodin
Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:43 am
I may have missed this earlier, but I am surprised that Girdle of the Fearless is not in your list. It doesn't have the +SD or +spellhit of the Girdle of the Protector, but it does have an almost equal amount of avoidance (-.23) through the high defense. However, the major things going for it are the armor, expertise, hit rating and slightly higher max stamina. +89 armor, +18 stam (even with an epic gem, it's still +3 stam), plus roughly 4% more chance to hit the boss. I'd think this would win in threat and mitigation.

If I'm way off base here, please let me know.
shaak
Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:31 am
im not sure if this has been asked previously, but would http://www.wowhead.com/?item=33517#comments be better then Maiden's Gauntlet's, or am i just an idiot for spending 60 badges on it for the quest for more stamina and armor -_-