Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Imbur
Sun Jun 29, 2008 5:06 pm
I agree, dont cut the neck short. I disagree, however, with the fact that scryer proc is better than aldor proc. Expertise bonus like that will gain you VERY little threat, it will make sure you dont get dodged or parried for what, 10 seconds? Not a ton of threat. Now the aldor proc is OP. It has like a 50% proc rate once a minute. It procs almost every time you throw out your shield. When tanking a heroic, this means that when you pull a group of 2-6 mobe, the first few seconds you have all that extra dodge. In this time, where you are slightly more avoidance, your party has its chance to apply cc, and dps a mob or two down. This neck balanaces out the burst damage that 5 mobs hitting you at the same time can cause. I currently use the RoS neck for avoidance, and the Brut neck for stam, but I keep the SSO neck for when I tank heroics, karazhan, ZA, etc. I put it on for the abomination packs in hyjal if I feel my healers arent great, and I spike really low at the start of the pulls.
_________________
Lieris
Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:24 pm
Nope, still not convinced. All it has going for it is the high stamina, at low gear levels the expertise is not going to do a lot for you. SotU is the one to choose when gearing up but nobody should use the SSO neck over the raid drops.

The procs are pretty lousy, they have an internal cooldown so you are looking at 1 PPM. Focusing on the Aldor proc (because the Scryer one is kind of lame) avoidance by it's very nature is random, you don't want to make it even more so. It's not a dramatic and noticeable increase to your dodge like Moroes and it's not controllable either.

I guess putting it on for content you out-gear is kind of valid but I'm not going to put a tuxedo on the list for that reason either Razz
_________________

Mortina
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:36 am
Is there a reason why [Borderland Fortress Grips] aren't on the list?
_________________
Barthilas (US) - <Offline>
Lieris
Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:46 am
I just forgot to put them on. Added.
_________________

Hexzon
Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:15 am
Has Anyone Done the Maths of what kinda of unbuffed stats u would have with all the best sunwell gear?
_________________
deadpyrowalking
Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:13 pm
ive noticed the lack of za items on here, which is a lot of my gear... and id like to see where you think it stacks up...
_________________
lytherious
Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:59 am
Did you miss the guardian alchemist stone, was curious because it seems as valid as the JC trinkets
Lieris
Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:40 pm
Updated.
_________________