Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

QuantumDelta
Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:07 am
It still requires a reduced rating to purchase (obviously not to keep)
but 1800 isn't that hard to reach with a decent partner..
_________________
QuantumDelta
Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:11 am
The rules are still the same: Two teams meet they assess eachother immediately imagining how they're going to attack their opponents.

I simply go a bit beyond that so don't see many people in PvP as a threat.
I imagine how they're going to act and start from there leading them down a corridor where they use their timers and abilities in a set way having no other reasonable option (the more skilled they are the easier they are to manipulate in this fashion because the more they will take the "right choice") -> leading them into a position where they will eventually either be overspent or exposed.

The rules never change, even if the game does.

Naturally you would have to respec for the arena and actually compete, with S4 coming up it's actually an ideal time too, you can honour cap and immediately have a competitive set of gear, as well as gain some arena points before hand and supplement that gear with even better items.
There really isn't any excuses other than not being able to find any decent team mates.
5s are even easier than 2s and 3s because teams have to simplify their tactics even more than they might be capable of as a 2 or 3 because they need to coordinate and organise it in a few seconds before the teams meet.
2s and 3s are a little bit more about individual skill and class balance.
And, 3s/ret is ATM the easiest field to compete in.
2s Holy with a DPS partner isn't too bad despite what people continually whine - at the very least up to 2.2k.

I'm still in the pvp circuit even if I don't play it much anymore ;p

Edit:
The reason why I'm interested is cuz since I have more gold than I can spend + nothing I can do outside of raids bar level alts and gear them, I was considering messing about with some fun team like balance/ret this season ^^;
Hence the post caught my attention

And yes I'm an elitist asshat Razz
_________________
Meatydog
Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:41 pm
Well, i bout the s1 gavel, the Gladiators gavel. Joined a awesome guild today also. They are going to help me gear out and everything. My D rating is 484, and once we enchant my weap my SD will be around 250ish. Hopefully soon they will let me OT in Kara soon. Just so i can get the gear.

Why is it so hard to find someone to make Felsteel leggings? Its just 8 felsteel bars. Ive been spammin the crap outta trade trying to find someone to make em for me. And no luck. Sad

Guess ill grind CoT instances like a really hot chick and get revered with KoT and get the timewardens leggings instead.
_________________

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Meatydog
weirdaljr
Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:28 am
Hey guys how does the new Ahune Summer event neck rate? I figure it is near the maiden, badge, & SSO rep one for a tankadin. Just looking for some opinions.
Lieris
Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:07 pm
I wouldn't use it over Strength of the Untamed, it's more of a druid/war neck.
_________________

Ciandin
Mon Jun 23, 2008 9:15 am
Its the same as the 25 badge neck piece with hit thrown in instead of agility. Very low item level; only use it if you aren't revered with Cenarion.
_________________
Thing is if you're using daggers in both hands and Sinister Strike isn't recommended then how would you build combo points?
lytherious
Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:55 am
Not sure if this has been answered here or not...but SS pendant of Resolve where does that fit in. I have the strength of the Untamed...but curious if loosing the defense for all that possible dodge bonus was worth it?
lytherious
Fri Jun 27, 2008 10:06 pm
oh I am already crit immune working on uncrushable.
Lieris
Sat Jun 28, 2008 6:59 am
If you're still working on getting crush immune that's even more reason to stick to Strength of the Untamed Smile

Druids get much less benefit from defence when crit immune (because they can't parry or block) whilst paladins still get a good amount of pure avoidance from it and it's the best stat after block rating for reaching crush immune. I currently have 543 defence, you can never have too much of it! Razz
_________________

Meatydog
Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:42 pm
my personal opinion would be to go for stam.

Once you find a comfortable hp, alot of people start workin on a dodge set for bosses that hit really hard. But still keeping your uncrush up.

If youd like to have more hp without sacrificing your uncrush/uncrit status i would start playing with gems. Of course its all depending on the gems you have also. Minor tweaks can mean big boosts.
_________________

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Meatydog