Skip to content
Maintankadin

Looks like bad news...

fuzzygeek
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:12 pm
In today's blue posts GC made a reference to tanks using DPS enchants ...

Eanin
Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:44 pm
I understand why they took out titanguard. It was a bad idea for an enchant.

Mongoose was always my favourite enchant. Lots of fun, with a proc. It increases dps, too.

Now I'm using accuracy, for no really good reason except that I like the way hit rating flattens out my threat. It's not a tanking enchant. Ugh. Sad
_________________
Invisusira
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:05 pm
I'm a bit taken aback by GC's response. I do agree that stam to weapon is a bit odd, but he's talking about "choice" like we have any. Right now, the only "tanking" weapon enchants are L70 things - L70 weapon chain, L70 potency...

It basically sounds like him saying, "use a dps enchant!" Which, granted, is what we did in BC. I'd really like a proper tanking enchant, however.
_________________
armory | youtube | pally stole my bike
Mishakal
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:31 pm
Well if I am not going to get some decent talking stats from my weapon enchant at least give it a mad graphic ...

I am using Mongoose atm.
_________________
Wolvar
Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:48 pm
The solution is for them to add more than one viable tanking enchant. Obviously we will all take the only tanking enchant in the game should they only add one.
_________________
Cidx
Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:40 pm
I can't tell if they want to make a tanking enchant or make multiple tanking enchants. I mean why would they release 1 tanking enchant if they wanted didn't want all TANKS to use it? I say put 50 Stamina - An enchant that procs armor and dodge - an enchant that procs a threat booster.

I mean so many ideas right there and I'm positive that tanks won't all go for same one. And it's not even that, from what I know melee DPS generally use same weapon enchants, healers and caster DPS too so come on.

I would even go for a lvl80 potency (str).
Achtung
Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:54 pm
Crusader 2.0 would be nice.
_________________
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde
Kelaan
Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:59 am
If they want togive us choice, give is a +Defense enchant, a +dodge or +parry enchant, and a stamina enchant, of equal budget. Viola, we can choose to stack whichever we need/want.
Bobness
Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:45 am
I pretty much agree, the reason for it's removal is fine, the reasoning however was garbage.....

my Rsoc is enchanted with Potency..... Are some "really good" players going to point out to GC.... that this is also garbage but still the best tanking enchant 10 levels past it's sell by date....
_________________
Mneme
Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:16 am
What's wrong with 26 agi?
_________________
There are few who deny at what I do I am the best,
For my talents are renowned far and wide.