Skip to content
Maintankadin

Replacing gear already?

Petrus
Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:14 am
I've replaced a lot simply in the name of uncrittability.
_________________
Petrus
Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:59 am
My friend, leveling his DK to tank, replaced the starter shoulders with the Warchief's Pauldrons quest reward from CoT Hillsbrad.
_________________
Dragonzbane
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:24 pm
I just hit L75 last night and have yet to replace anything in my Prot set.

I did take the Mace from the Zul Drak quest but I'm torn about using it over my Unbreakable Will. More DPS, More STR but Less Armor, Less Defense.

I would like to pick up the Wyrm's Rest Cloak but I'm stuck at 4199/6000 with only the single Daily left to gain rep until 80. Sadly, I'll be L80 before I'm honored and I'm wondering if I did something wrong rep-wise.
So basically, I'm looking at Neck, Rings, Cloak and trinkets soon but nothing for armor for a long time.

My Ret gear isn't quite as good and I replaced one of my rings back in HF.
I might replace my Torch of the Damned tonight with the Axe from Arena though I really wanna get the IBS2 for sentimental reasons.
_________________
Petrus
Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:28 pm
Yeah, I took Icier Barbed Spear despite needing the healing mace.

And I'm only about 3500/6000 Friendly with Wyrmrest, which is very frustrating considering I need Revered with them ultimately. That's the only thing I haven't liked with Lich King so far - fewer of the quests in the zones give rep and there aren't many daillies to do along the way.
_________________
anerak
Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 pm
t5/t6 geared going in...ended up with belt, boots, neck, and shoulders from nexus/utgarde/borean tundra drop/quest rewards with slight hits to stamina.

hit 76 and just replaced most of my armor with tempered saronite as a means to tank comfortably to 80 and gear up for heroics/raids, with the saronite shield waiting for me in the bank (it's so yummy).

no real need for it though. at 75 i tanked VH in ret gear + sword & shield... and no one, including me, noticed Embarassed

i took a 0.52% uncrittable hit just from levelling 75 to 76. that's a heck of a lot to maintain per level Sad
_________________
I lurk.
Eanin
Sat Nov 22, 2008 11:44 am
I find to stay uncrittable, everything but my T6 is getting replaced with Tempered Saronite or the equivalent. The gear is very similar to t5/ilevel 141 stuff, but the stat distribution toward defense makes it almost necessary.
_________________
Barathorn
Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:05 am
Basically if you are in T4/ZA gear you will need to put your hand in your pocket around levels 74-75. This is what I am finding now, and in honesty I am fairly happy that my TBC gear lasted that long. My badge gear I expect to last a little longer, maybe 77-78 at a push.

Barathorn
_________________