Skip to content
Maintankadin

Understanding Gear in WotLK (Now with Spreadsheet!) and SW

aureon
Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:26 pm
btw, could include the Bulwark of Azzinoth, Praetorian's Legguards, Girdle of Mighty Resolve, Girdle of Stability and Eternium Shell Bracers?
/thankyou Smile
GJ.
_________________
Tankadin
Spec RET. That's what Uther wanted.
Galannor
Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:58 am
bump for great post
_________________
Kilthanas
Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:59 am
How does Glory of the Defender compare to Stoic Guardian and Stoicism?
Fizzgig
Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:15 am
Hi Honors great list, pretty much coincides with my personal numbers. I'm curious as to how your list stacks Faceplate of the Impenetrable do you think you could add it for me?
_________________
Zx
Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:40 am
Are the items in your table in any particular order or not?
_________________
Fizzgig
Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:38 am
Great, thanks so much keep it up!
_________________
steadypal
Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:21 pm
any chance at all you can test the 12 def 5% bv meta gem?
econ21
Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:44 pm
Fascinating spreadsheet - I only saw it after I tried to figure out some related formulae using the wowhead weights.

Your work on threat may benefit from incorporating some of the results of PsiVen on tps under different weapons in 3.0. I think it implies that some threat stats are better than others (notably strength>spell power) whereas you are implying they are equal. Here's what I think the data imply:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/viewtopic.php?t=12786&start=414

The more subjective questions are how to trade off effective health with avoidance with threat. But I will have to think more about that.

EDIT: The formula used for tankpoints sounds about the best simple way to combine avoidance and effective health.

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/tank-points.aspx?CommentPage=3#w_tankpoints

That is to say:

tanking health = H/(1-A)(1-DR)

where H = health, A = avoidance, DR= damage resistance

How to weight tps vs tanking health is trickier.