Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Lieris
Tue Mar 25, 2008 5:51 pm
That's a pretty compelling case and it shows how quickly we plateau with our spell damage/healing stat (somewhere around the end of T5) if warrior gear is becoming just as viable at Sunwell level :/ If we had pure holy damage on our armour this wouldn't be an issue.

Is there something to be said for spell damage being a more reliable threat gain than expertise in the same way 60% avoidance in a boss fight might only translate to 55% avoidance in practice? I'm possibly reaching here Razz
_________________
Steg
Wed Mar 26, 2008 2:33 am
Dunno if it's mentioned here already.. did a search and didn't see this thread pop up on it..

But what about

Spyglass of the Hidden Fleet

as stamina trinket?
_________________

dlantz
Wed Mar 26, 2008 6:51 am
About the Brooch of Deftness... from what I can see, the Vindicator's Pendant of Dominance would be better, and yet isn't on the list.

Vindicators:
35 stam
20 int
30 spell damage
18 resilience
1 yellow socket (+3 stam bonus)

vs

Brooch of Deftness
48 stam
22 hit
21 expertise

In terms of stamina, with a solid star you're at 47. Purple gem gets you 50. So stam is basically identical.

For threat, from the threat sticky, I believe hit is just a tad less than half as effective as spell damage, and expertise is just a hair lower for single target and quite a bit lower for aoe. So 30 vs ~21 + 10... again, we're basically even.

So, threat is the same, stamina is the same, and vindicator's also gives us 20 int and 18 resilience. (Neither is overwhelming, but I guess something is better than nothing, right?)

Are you just not putting PvP items on the list, or was the vindicator's just accidentally excluded?
Zankti
Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:31 pm
I believe that the updated stats on the Battleworn Tuskguard makes it better than the Tankatronic Goggles now. Just an FYI.

Battleworn Tuskguard

Tankatronic Goggles

I'd post links you can mouseover.. but.. I don't know how Sad.[/url]
_________________
Waaaa my sig doesn't work. Razz
pyrotechniq
Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:48 pm
Sword Breaker's Bulwark

Another one for ya Lieris (shield) Highest block value and highest possible stamina in game. No armor proc tho.
_________________
Lieris
Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:06 pm
I don't know what to make of that one really. If I had the Illidan shield I don't think I would bid on it.
_________________
pyrotechniq
Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:24 pm
well illidan shield looks pretty damn sweet. I just don't know how much value a 2% proc 2000 armor buff is worth honestly. But Illidan shield sure has a nice graphic imo
_________________
dlantz
Fri Mar 28, 2008 6:18 am
"It's not on the list because nobody in their right mind would use vindicator for MTing."

Umm... but Brooch of Deftness is up in the top 5 for MTing. And Vindicator's compares favorably to it. So... what am I missing here? Neither has any defensive stats, both have high stamina and threat.

Edit: Is the necklace you listed supposed to the be the OTHER badge one? That one's a lot more similar to the maiden one you ranked it as equal to, so that might explain it.
dlantz
Fri Mar 28, 2008 8:11 am
It's scaling, but based on where it ranks, you'd expect to be wearing it in the t4-t5 range. At that point, it still hasn't caught up to spell damage. As for the defensive aspect..... umm... I guess that's something, but you're still looking at two virtually identical neckpieces, each with subtle advantages.

Considering the value of badges now, I'd rank vindicator's above deftness just because you can spend 35 badges a lot better, but there aren't many places to spend honor.

And I agree. For a progression MT, I wouldn't want to wear either (though I do currently wear the vindicator's since I overgear what we're raiding and I like the extra threat and stam over my juggernaut. Stupid Maiden never did drop that necklace.)