Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Aalryn
Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:30 am
This is a really good list. It also lets me know right where i'm at gear wise.

Also include lightbringer legs. They are a huge amount of spell damage & avoidance at the cost of a bit of hp, but also let you use the illidan helm and keep your 4 piece t6 bonus (if it's worth it.. i'm undecided)
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius

Old FFXI signatures are FTW. Miss my hot mithra
Galannor
Wed Oct 31, 2007 6:52 am
I tend to agree with honorshammer on the cloak, but then perhaps I'm crazy too... Laughing
fuzzygeek
Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:05 pm
Some suggestions ... I'm not familiar with the PvP rewards.

Shoulders
Mantle of Abrahmis (Kz.Nspite) -> Justicar Shoulderguards (GL.HKM) = Crystalforge Shoulderguards (TK.VR) -> Pauldrons of Stone Resolve (ZA.1chest) -> Pauldrons of Abyssal Fury (BT.Supremus) -> Lightbringer Shoulderguards (BT.Shahraz)

Librams
Libram of Repentance (15 badges) -> Libram of Divine Purpose (20 badges) -> Tome of the Lightbringer (BT.Shahraz)

Shields
Shield of Impenetrable Darkness (Kz.Nbane) -> (Merciless Gladiator's Shield Wall) (PvP) -> Aldori Legacy Defender (GL.Gruul) -> Bulwark of the Amani Empire (ZA.Jan) -> Kazrogal's Hardened Heart (HS.Kaz) -> Bulwark of Azzinoth (BT.Ill)

Weapons
Continuum Blade (KoT rep) = (Gavel of Unearthed Secrets (LC Rep) -> Fang of the Leviathan (SC.Leo) = (Merciless Gladiator's Gavel) (PvP) -> Amani Punisher (ZA.Akil) -> Hammer of Judgement (HS.Trash) -> Tempest of Chaos (HS.Archi)
_________________
Lieris
Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:59 pm
Updated.
_________________

Thax
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:18 am
Perhaps I just fail, but I fail to see what is so special about the merc gladiator shields? Why are they better than other, obvious, tanking shields from PVE?

Also, to honorshammer, why is CFS better than a Glad Gavel? The dps & tps from the Glad Gavel are, imho, far better than the CFS.

Or is it simply that the greather-than symbols are backwards? Or am I just misreading the symbol and it's just an arrow point to the next weapon in terms of progression?
_________________
Yes, a Paladin can easily be the guy that gets put in front of something ugly and told to break the bad guy's equipment with his face before the bad guy breaks his face with his equipment. ~Lore
Wolftusk
Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:08 am
I noticed the list does not include Chestguard of the Warlord, that drops from Zul'jin. I would assume that it is equivalent to the badge reward Chestguard of the Stoic Guardian, with the badge reward being better for threat and the drop being better for mitigation (having more armor and more avoidance)
_________________
Blood Elf Protection Paladin
halabar
Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:08 pm
nvm.. noob thinking comment deleted.
_________________