Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dual-stam Trinkets

Egtheridon
Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:04 pm
I ended up going dual stam, with both J/C trinkets, if i don't get socket bonus the hare still comes out to 110( 62+48 ) but i just liked the stam socket bonus so i put my bop gems in it. I have the VH trinket and its really nice but i've found it easier to run dual stamina trinkets for heroics, mainly because I have gear emphasizing block value and block rating as my primary tanking focus is pug heroic tanking, due to a current lack of geared healers in my guild.

Either way I've always been a trinket whore, i tend to grab as many trinkets as I can because i used them as my adjustment pieces.
_________________
Paladin/70/Rivendare
Corman
Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:50 pm
I use dual stam, JC (Monarch Crab) + Essence of Gossamer. Monarch Crab use proc is a nice "oh crap". Plus it has two gem slots so its a favorite of mine as I need it for my Meta. Though I might change metas soon.
_________________
corolla
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 pm
I am using JC trinket w/ 2x41 stam gems and Essence of Gossamer. I do have the trinket from H VH. I am sure that you cant equip 2xJC stam trinket since they are unique.
_________________
Valoel
Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:47 pm
am currently using Valor Medal of the First War and Gossamer and it seems to work well... i reckon if i was a jc and able to use the monarch and all those nice 41 stam gems i could be hitting near 29-30k but ah well. block capped so i cant complain too much... damn engineering Razz

i guess once i get a few more upgrades and can get block capped without using Valor Medal of the First War i can use the sonic booster for dual stam trinkets but it doesnt have an oh shit button...
_________________
Petrus
Tue Dec 16, 2008 2:07 am
I'm okay with dual stam but being an engi and not JC I don't have the luxury at this point. EoG/Repelling Charge is my setup right now, but I'm saving for a Valor Medal (might have to resocket some gems for Def to reach uncrittable without the Charge, unfortunately) so I can go Valor Medal/EoG.

And Lavanthor won't drop his #$%! Talisman :/
_________________
Torquemada
Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:24 am
Currently using the Commendation of Kael'thas and Essence of Gossamer, but I'm debating switching to the VH trinket for Kael's. Still working for the mats on my Monarch Crab(Not buying titanium at AH prices).
_________________
Heroic Hogger - A Work in Progress
Aurelie
Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:38 am
In BC I rolled with Dual Stam trinkets, the DMC:V and the Commendation. At present I have the EoG and the badge trinket, which I'll rotate either with the Lavanthor's Talisman. I'm hoping to get the Repelling Charge from Naxx soon, but I've also been considering switching to JC as Engi has failed me hard this Expac.
_________________
Korbah
Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:23 am
You can also use the alchemy trinket, 75 stamina + dodge rating isn't negligible imo.
Fedaykin98
Tue Dec 16, 2008 12:47 pm
I was using Kael's and DMC:V in BC.

As of last night, I'm using EoG and Kael's. Other than EoG, no Wrath trinkets have dropped for me. I haven't levelled Engineering at all because the goggles are disappointing. Still undecided about what I'm going to do with that profession.
_________________
TokenElf
Wed Dec 17, 2008 5:52 am
Yes, you can use 2 sonic boosters.

They share a CD for the proc, but you generally get a proc on the very first attack of a fight due to both of them checking with a high proc rate when not on CD.

Throw a hammer and a consecrate and there's pretty much no chance for a frostfire bolt crit to pull off of you. The mage kept trying last night.

I will get whatever I can and if I can find a defense trinket and need it for the minimum, I will replace one, but for now they do a wonderful job of boosting my EH on fights and I know they have made a difference.

It isn't a bad way to go, just make sure your bases are covered.
Kelaan
Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:59 am
I currently run with Essence of Gossamer and Coren's coin. I will need to swap one out for the +def trinket, once that punk Loken drops one for me. I'm not enjoying asking guildies to do NONHEROIC HoL with me, when all they want is heroics. Sad


edit: