I picked up Engi on my pally back when it was still an alt in BC. Being that it wasn't going to be a raiding toon I wanted the best crafted gear I could get. Had a couple of guildies drag me into a heroic in my late 60's, got my nether and had myself the best helm until t6.
I don't have mining and spent a ridiculous amount of gold leveling Engineering for the helm and being that it was a sidegrade to the t7, I've passed up on it for other guildies. Now that I have a t7.5 helm that I really can't justify not upgrading to, I think I'm going to drop Engi and pick up JCing. The benefits of JC outweigh the benefits of Engi by far at this point being that without the goggles I have a useless profession. I have considered blacksmithing, but being that I already have a rogue with it I'd rather not level it again. I know the sockets are great, but for the amount of money it'll cost to level I want some other perks as well that aren't duplicated by another one of my characters.
At present the BoP gems and trinkets are excellent and I aim to excel in current content. I change with the game and make adjustments to make myself the best that I can be in the situations given. That said, I think it's silly to hold onto a profession that maybe-could-possibly-kinda be more beneficial in the future. If it turns out that JC becomes useless to me and Engi is the profession to have, I'll be one of the first leveling it. Until then, bye-bye goggles.
_________________
