Skip to content
Maintankadin

Possible plan for the Gear Discussion Forum.

Barathorn
Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:29 am
I don't care how much work it takes as long as it becomes a useful tool for all Tankadins Wink . Good idea on having the topic locked and with a seperate discussion thread, not sure if that can be implemented succesfully but will try it and see how we go.

Keep the input coming people, all feedback is very useful.

Barathorn
_________________
Barathorn
Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:11 am
Due to circumstances beyond my control [internet down until this morning at home and new system at work] I apologise for being absent and not sorting this as quickly as I wanted to. Hopefully with everything sorted out now I will have the sticky up and running this weekend.

Apologies for the delay.

Barathorn
_________________
Majiben
Fri Nov 28, 2008 1:38 am
Sticky petrus's enchant and gem guide already Razz
_________________
Barathorn
Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:29 am
First draft should be up tonight Smile

If my home internet decides it going to play ball.

Barathorn
_________________
Trueth
Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:33 am
From a gear perspective, I don't see the point of a creating seperate threads for 5-man, 10-man and 25-man. I personally would be very happy with 2 stickies (or links to two threads):

Pre-raid Uncritability Guide (which we pretty much have if we consolidate Petrus' and Eanin's guides)

Gear Progression Guide (which culminates with the best-in-slot items). This would be in the same format we used to have but it should also include gems and enchants.



Gear progression guide example:


Head Slot:

1) Helm of Ultimate Coolness (25-man raid of death)
2) Helm of Pretty-darn Coolness (10-man undead instance)
3) Helm of Good Looks (5-man heroic)
3) Good Looking Helm (5-man)
4) Helm of Whatever (Quest: Get that Hat)

Head Enchants:
1) Defender: +30 Defense, +15 Parry (Sons of Frost Giants, revered)
2) Armor Kit: +20 Stamina


Back Slot:

...
Trueth
Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:13 am
You are wise to catch that omission.

I also forgot Incredibly Comfortable Pirate Mask.
Digren
Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:54 am
To avoid the intimidation factor, I think the stickies need to have little to no discussion posts. If you want to discuss or make suggestions to a sticky, it should be:
1) a separate, non-stickied thread, which can fade away when the discussion is finished, or
2) posts on the stickied thread that are deleted when the discussion is finished.

I think 1) is better because it at least retains the conversation somewhere for later reference, in case some of the supporting arguments are valid but don't need to be included in the sticky.

Either way, the sticky should be vetted, up-to-date information only. Anything else just confuses the new folks.
Barathorn
Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:30 am
Right, finally have stable access back at home and more importantly some free time to actually get this sorted out.

I'll have the draft up by weds/thurs for you to look at.

Barathorn
_________________
Barathorn
Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:38 am
Still a WIP, as soon as I can stop being ill the draft should be sorted, however I am away all weekend, so the xmas break is looking favorite for me to get it all sorted out now.

Barathorn
_________________
Arjuna
Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:18 pm
you could just de-sticky(and mark them somehow) the old outdated stickys and let it sort itself out. When people step up and do similar guides for wotlk, just sticky them instead...
_________________