Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Arthaal
Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:56 am
I like to think of this site as more of a community. As such, I don't expect to be spoonfed information about the class and spec I grew to love. I of course appreciate the work each member puts in to their informative posts, but I also expect to have to do some thinking and theorycrafting on my own. If you find something lacking in these boards, then by all means attempt to address it or request help... threats about other sites taking over aren't likely to phase the long contributing members of this board or most of it's faithful followers/lurkers (such as myself).

I learned a lot about my tankadin through the many contributions of this community and, while my theorycrafting at the moment is mostly holy based (since it's my raiding spec), I hope to one day be able to give back with some insight of my own.
_________________
Gracerath
Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:09 am
I reference this guide basically daily, four or five times a day on raid nights. I don't pay attention to the ranks or to the opinions. Do what I do and make the decision for yourself. You have to base an upgrades worth on your current gear and stats and what your raid is capable of handling in terms of progression.

The list is convenient in that I don't have to look up every boss in every zone and search through their loot table.

Oneris
Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:35 am

Early Leggings

I was looking at the Timewarden's Leggings to replace my current Legguards of the Resolute Defender, but all they would get me is more stam/armor while the avoidance would go way down. So I thought these would be a notable addition to the leggings section, they've got almost 4% avoidance and mitigation.
_________________
Shalindreal
Fri Feb 15, 2008 10:10 am
not sure if it was omitted from the list intentionally but the belt off Leo in SSC, is not on the list.
_________________
Freyna
Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:09 am
So what in your mind puts some items over other items? It almost seems like Stm is the only factor in ranking.
_________________
Katrienne
Tue Feb 19, 2008 8:26 am
Thanks for all the hard work that went into this guide. It is much appreciated. I find it interesting where the badge gear fits into the whole progression (especially the new badge gear). I wanted very much to get into BT (which I guess I'll technically be able to do soon), but we are not there progression wise. At least I'll be able to get some decent gear before the xpac. Smile

Kat
_________________

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kargath&n=Katrienne
Metaly
Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:32 am

Wrists

I'd start out by saying i admit i didn't read the many posts.. But aboutt he wrist order, as i'm down on kara/ZA start of 25man level, i was wondering about bracers.. as "most" i followed biggest upgrade order from badges and got my bracers of ancient phalanx to begin with, cause i didn't have any decent tank bracers.. On the posted order those are like one of best bracers (3rd on list), but i really like the avoidance on Wristguards of determination (void reaver, 5th on list).. what is preffered for main tanking and evt threat gear? I focus mainly on avoidence atm, (just above 18% both parry/dodge, still miss moroes pocket watch), so arent' Wristguards of Determination better for me? I dont have the worst threat problems, only very few are capped on me, so i guess phalanx aren't really needed?
_________________
Metaly
70 horde belf tankadin
EU Balnazzar Realm
Onaga
Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:50 pm
Really stupid question...

Why is Violet Signet of the Great Protector better than Seventh Ring of the Tirisfalen? Is it the armor and 2 points of defense?
_________________
Lieris
Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:00 pm
400 extra armour is hot. When you upgrade your gear you rarely get more than 100-200 extra armour so it's really big boost. If you don't need the extra flexibility that the block rating on SRotT gives then the Kara ring is better.
_________________
combatcarl
Thu Feb 21, 2008 9:51 am
I was wondering what you guys think about something.

T5 Pants or Badge Pants

I had a chance to get them but the set bonus isn't think good and im not going to get the 4/5 set bonus since I'm only going for the helm and i already have the shoulders.