Skip to content
Maintankadin

Deathfrost enchant

Lowgrus
Thu Jun 26, 2008 11:23 pm
I feel bad becuase we just killed Illidari council last night and they go how come your tanking weapon isn't enchanted. I'm putting deathfrost on my unbreakable will that will look pretty cool.

I dont the decapitator /or AS and only had one death becuase rogue just like came out of no where, hes tauntable as well. but seroiusly i said this before fight even started

" I'm like guys he vanishes and aggro resets like 20 times its a 10 minute fight i'm bound to miss him once so if I do be ready to do something about it. I go priest fade, paladins stun/bubble shamans can even use stoneclaw totem( sounds crazy but it works)."

At like 20 percent the rogue goes for a holy paladin and he just stand there and gets malested.
People who can't think reactivly FTL.
_________________
Seloei
Fri Jun 27, 2008 12:40 am
Deathfrost is a single "boss" tanking enchant, not something you use for your everyday duties. 40 spelldamage shines in that department.

I will drop deathfrost on the next spelldamage weapon that drops for the same reason. the TPS loss isn't huge and the gain of a spell cast slowdown is immense. It even slowed kael'thas who is immune to CoT.

Unless your dps is immensely threat capped on bosses, this one beats 40 spelldamage on it by a long margin, yes it's a loss of TPS, but a gain of a spell/melee slowdown. Not everyone has warriors in raids who can keep debuffs up 100%.
_________________
Lakirby
Fri Jun 27, 2008 1:43 am
Might try grab a second Hammer of Judgement for this, or put it on my old S1 mace.
_________________
<Shadows of Eternity> - Kilrogg EU - 5/5 MH 9/9 BT
Retiring 11/07/08 - Tanking to the bitter end.
Psykewne
Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:17 am
so aside from kalecgos which has good reasons for sondiering this enchant, any other places where we can suffer a threat loss and actually make use of the debuff with thunderclap making it superfluous?

ATM I'm seeing it as very niche like mongoose for paladins, however for a warrior i'm seeing potential as if they happen to have deathfrost up they can actually forgo reapplying thunderclap for a short period allowing them to save on a bit of rage (thinking they'd need to apply it a little less often throughout a long fight) Especially since they don't seem to suffer a threat loss from switching to it from mongoose.
_________________
Arnock
Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:17 pm
TBH it all depends on w/e the spelldamage enchant is in WOTLK and the procrate

I'd rather give deathfrost to a rogue/fury warrior or 2 for the 15% speed debuff and stick to w/e spelldamage enchant we have in WOTLK

EDIT: thought it was a wotlk enchant, in a raid setting, i'd still rather give this enchant to another class and let them keep up the proc
_________________


prot gear if mah sig sez I'm ret
schantalle
Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:02 am
I really read most of the posts, about how quite some of us prefer +40sd, however, am sticking to it for now, as i manage my aggro usually.
Last night we were at illidan, i could observe that while thunderclap was on it, it still procced and debuffed him, meaning TC + DF being on him at the same time.
I also observed doubleprocs from Melee + Vengeance if i recall it correctly.
His flames werent immune either. Least I didnt read any Immune and the debuff with it's 8sec counter was on em quite lot, am the 2nd flame tank.

However, in p1, while swinging and pressing some miserable dps out of my pala, i rather busied myself watching DF proccs and casting-times of shear + flamecrash and couldnt see any increase in the casting time of Illidan while DF was on him. (I think one of those two casts for 1,5secs (with CoT i believe), the other for 1,3secs , cant remember ) and the time never changed in my quartz casting bar, whether DF was on it or not.
So, my first question is:
a, Does it increase the casting time of bosses? (They are not immune to the debuff, they have it and it stays for the 8 secs on 'em, question is about the effect!)
b, And.. does it or does it not stack with TC?

I'll see if i can upload my last nights webstats, gonna edit this if yes.

EDIT.
uploaded webstats, DF indeed does procc off the dot-tick of vengeance:
"202964 20:44'22.484 Schantalle's Holy Vengeance dots Illidan Stormrage for 265 Holy
202965 20:44'22.484 Novy's Swing crits Illidan Stormrage for 2035 Physical
202970 20:44'22.640 Schantalle's Deathfrost hits Illidan Stormrage for 165 Frost"
link to the complete report:
http://wowwebstats.com/mafz4gvc6c1mc?m

and why we gimped last night?
1st try 34% and 15secs to go "Nuke him down into next phase"...well, warrior-mt had aggro for 1-2 shots when he was in demon-form, half of the raid died by the aoe effect.
mt got sheared way too stupid often, usually does not happen.
last try: 2 palahealers on the warlock tank... BOTH got a shadow-demon at the same time (the stun-thingies that kill upon arrival) and no sub-healer got close enough in time.
_________________
Just Schantalle !
Shamora
Wed Jul 02, 2008 3:33 am
From what people have said DF and TF can be on at the same time, but only the highest one, in this case TF, will apply. DF is still on cause it applies the other debuffs.
_________________

Keondra/68/NE/Rogue/Caelestrasz
Shoju
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:01 am
I'm getting Deathfrost put on my Seekers Gavel. It's a GREAT enchant to do dailies with. Maybe it's just me, but I quest in totally different gear than I tank in.

justicerbingers (gemmed for Spell Damage)
ogre slayers pendant
crusader's ornamented shoulders (gemmed for Spell Damage)
(5 man cloak) deathwing brood cloak of the knight
crusader's ornamented Chest (gemmed for Spell Damage)
Sorcerer Bracers
crusader's ornamented gloves
Khorium Belt
Khorium Pants (Epic Spellthread)
Khroim Boots
(5 man ring) The Black Pearl
(all the time ring) Wind trader's Band
Vengeance of the Illidari
(all the time trinket) Gnomish Poultryizer

With this gear, and Spell Damage Food (I always have food) I can hit 400 spell damage, and the deathfrost becomes seriously noticeable on the AoE grind. Especially when it procs on COnsecration (which I can confirm with SS).
_________________

schantalle
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:12 am
For doing dailies i got my BM Hunter Razz Nothing could make me do grindquests dailies with my prot.
Leave alone those sucky mana eating wretches on the island. Razz
_________________
Just Schantalle !
Shoju
Wed Jul 02, 2008 6:40 am
You have problems with them? Man, They are the least of my prot paladin worries. Those stupid Gnome Fire Mages on the other hand.........


PLus, I need exalted with them for the shield.
_________________