Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Wolftusk
Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:20 pm
I think that if the guide is to remain as it is, then it is to be expected for people to come here and ask questions about where a particular piece of gear might fit into the grand scheme of things.

What i am trying to get at, is if the list is not complete, then we should expect posts and we should answer them in a positive manner instead of referencing a clip of the original post.

Personally, i think it would just be easier and save redundant posts if the list is more thorough to begin with.
_________________
Blood Elf Protection Paladin
Galannor
Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:47 am
This unstickied sticky needs to be restickied imho. (and yes I sent the PM for it Razz )

Don't mind my bumping Twisted Evil
snsrevived
Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:28 pm
Saying this thread isn't stickied anymore is misleading... no threads are stickied anymore except for the post listing useful threads (think EJ style).

There's valid points to both arguments here. On the one hand, we are not warriors. We shouldn't think like them. If there's a piece that drops in a similar tier that has "real" paladin stats on it, and one that has stam/def only, the "Warrior" item is being excluded.

The other side of this I also understand. People are keeping this list open during raids, and tabbing over to see if the loot that just dropped is an upgrade, so they know if they want it or not. But this actually reinforces the other view, believe it or not. If you've got a warrior tank along as well, that piece belongs to him, not you. Because there is a piece with your name on it in this same tier. This is the correct way to play it both from a raid progression point of view, and a conservation of DKP point of view.

Now, if no one wants it, and its gonna rot if it you dont take it, then that's another story. But you should be able to see that without the guide. If the piece is that clear of an upgrade, you should be able to look and tell without the list. This is especially true because there's stats you have to balance. If you stack too much stam/def you are gonna be crushable, and incapable of generating threat. There's a balance we all keep in mind.

Decide ahead of time what gear path you want to take. Don't take gear that isn't on this path unless no one else wants it. Good pally tanks seem to be rare, and there's a lot of gear no one wants but us. You're not likely to see competition on most of your drops. There's no need to be all over gear that isn't an obvious apparent upgrade.

I think this lists achieves what it set out to do.
_________________
Andox
Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:41 am
I have 62 badges and Belt of the Guardian (BotG) in my bag now. The thing is, if I equipp BotG I drop down below uncrushable. I drop even furter down if I buy the Badge boots and use them. If I use these two "upgrades" my block will go down with 4.7%. That means that I will have 98.91% avoidence with Kings on me.

Should I use these two pieces of gear and equip my good old FotC as trinket as that put me at 102.97% avoidence and change it for Moroes trinket when it drop? I think that this option gives me more Effective Health than my current gear is giving me. And as I got it, Effective Health is good for progression fights. But don´t come into this, I just want to hear some experienced tankadins, am I doing the right thing?
_________________
Fedaykin98
Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:00 pm
I know this list is supposed to favor pally loot, but why not rank the badge gloves in there somewhere? Really, I'd like to see all the badge rewards on there because so many people are making so much use of them.
_________________
snsrevived
Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:10 pm
Now the badge rewards could be an interesting exception. They aren't in a tier, they don't cost DKP, and they aren't taking loot from another player.

Your average kara farmer could buy the whole set. Definitely worth considering. (again keeping in mind that you'd have to remain uncrushable, as most of the badge rewards are simply stam/def)
_________________
Shields
Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:24 am
I noticed that the #2 Bracers of the Ancient Phalanx - 35 Badge of Justice are ranked ahead of the #3 Wristguards of Determination - Void Reaver, Tempest Keep.

Is it because of the extra stamina and expertis rating? From my view (and blizzards ?) the VR bracers are better overall.
Lieris
Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:27 am
I think that the extra stamina and expertise beat out 1% dodge.
_________________
Lieris
Tue Jan 22, 2008 9:04 am
Yep block rating will have started falling off the table by then.
_________________