Skip to content
Maintankadin

Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Elsie
Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:14 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Majiben wrote:The parry question gets much tougher in 3.2 since it shares the same starting conversion and with it's new found appeal the amounts on people's gear will change from minimal to highly variable. The ugly and perhaps simplest is to run the numbers for both a high parry and low parry gear set, ranking the item twice. Now this mostly applies to items without the avoidance trifecta like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45874 and especially items like http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45542

I think you're neglecting the benefit of item budget. For instance, 50 defense, 50 dodge costs a lot more itemization than 50 defense, 25 dodge, 25 parry. In essence, though I haven't nitpicked the math, I'm fairly certain that triple-avoidance items will always come out ahead in avoidance at any level of DR.
Petrus
Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Okay, the final 3.1 version is up. I'm working on the 3.2 version but trying to compile MMO-Champion data with WoWDB data and Wowhead data and make it all match is not as easy as I thought. Hopefully 3.2 waits a week.


8/2/09:

Updated Gear Locations/Prices:
- Titanskin Cloak from Mimiron in Ulduar25

Added/Fixed Gear:
- Re-ranked helms
- Moved Mark of the Unyielding up a slot
- Added WoWHead link for Breastplate of the Timeless
- Added WoWHead link for Bulwark of Algalon
Loradin
Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:30 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

No Darkmoon Card: Greatness?
:(
Petrus
Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:46 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Ahh I always forget about that one. I will have to include it in the 3.2 list.
Petrus
Tue Aug 04, 2009 6:39 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Alright, I'll be updating the list again in a little while. It will include all the 3.2 updates that I have so far.
Petrus
Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

8/3/09:

Missing data:

Listed by slot. Each long description-type item is assumed to be the Horde or Alliance equivalent of a discovered item that has not yet been discovered.

- Helm of the Crestfallen Challenger: Boss

- Endurance of the Infernal (Heroic): Wowhead link
- The Warlord's Depravity: Boss

- Sunreaver Defender's Pauldrons (Heroic): Wowhead link
- Regal Aurous Shoulderplates: Boss

- Horde Tank Chest Anub'arak 10: Name

- Horde Tank Wrist Beasts 10: Name

- Girdle of the Pallid Knight: Boss

- Legguards of Abandoned Fealty: Boss

- Boots of Heartfelt Repentance: Boss

- Mark of the Relentless: Boss

- Fervor of the Frostborn (Heroic): Wowhead link

- Peacekeeper Blade: Boss

- Alliance Tank Weapon Anub'arak 10: Name

- Horde Tank Shield Beasts 25: Name
- Alliance Tank Shield Anub'arak 10: Name


And the thing I'm most curious about are the shield rankings. Is it just me, or is Boreal Guard the clear winner because of double sockets? 152 stam beats the next highest-stamina shield by 16 stamina.
OSDeath
Wed Aug 05, 2009 4:20 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Not sure if you have this or not but here is al ist of the gear drops from the new 5 Man instance:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/index.php?page=869

I was able to grab up a few ilvl219's the other day but am very torn on where they fall on the list. The belt I think is a little lower than the Waistguard I got from badges but feel so much more comfortable when you guys agree with me.

This list has been such a time and life saver to me. Thanks for all the hard work that you put in on it.

-Prot
Korgath
Petrus
Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:28 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Yeah, I included all the new 5man loot as well as the raid stuff. I mostly just need drop locations! I know some of them now, but not all.
mandm413
Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:44 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I got the peacekeepers blade today in the 5 man heroic. It was off the second boss which in that case was a woman caster. Next time I get her I will screenshot it so I can get you the name. I got edrick the pure in the normal 5 man, not sure if the loot tables are the same for the rounds you can get random bosses or if they are different.

Thanks a ton for updating the list.
Petrus
Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:10 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

That's Argent Confessor Paletress. Thank you! Any more drop location/item info is appreciated.
Barathorn
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:07 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Thanks for all your hard work Petrus, I will be incorperating your new list into the consolidated sticky when I get home tonight if it is ready.

Thanks again.

Barathorn
Petrus
Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:54 am

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Yeah, that'd be great. You can lock the post up as well if you'd like. I'm going to be doing weekly updates just like I did when 3.1 came around, and am already getting the next update ready.
theckhd
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

Here are some thoughts/suggestions I had while perusing the list this morning:
  • LIbrams
    • Libram of Valiance (LoV) is really weak for mitigation, a 200 STR proc is only 164ish block value. Even without knowing the uptime, that's going to be much weaker than LoSS or LoO.
    • LoV is also weaker for threat, at least until your BV reaches the diminishing returns threshold of ShoR (around 2400, though the block librams are likely the better choice until closer to 2800 or so - remind me to figure out the exact crossover point some time).
    • LoO is superior to LoSS until they do something intelligent with LoSS.
  • Weapons
    • Given these results, you may want to revise where Broken Promise falls on the list. I'd probably rate it at least on par with Titanguard. I think the socket on Shiver makes it a little better than BP just due to the massive EH increase (44 Stam) and better avoidance.

Unfortunately, I'm getting a lot of "item not found" errors from wowhead still, so I haven't been able to look over everything. I'll let you know if I find anything else once wowhead updates their database.
Nadir
Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

The armory has been updated with a good number of AC drops, including some interesting things like an ilvl 272 cape and a real tanking weapon. I perhaps differ from Petrus in that I tend to favor armor and I believe that we only need to pick up a maximum of four tier pieces. My suggestion for BIS based on current information:

(258) Tier 9 Head, Shoulders, Gloves, Chest
(258) Legs: Legplates of Feverish Dedication #T9 legs are the weakest link due to lack of dodge or parry
(258) Wrist: Bracers of the Shieldmaiden
(258) Feet: Dawnbreaker Sabatons
(258) Waist: Girdle of Bloodied Scars
(272) Back: Magni's Resolution #Looks like the "tribute" reward
(258) Neck: The Arbiter's Muse
(245) Ring: Clutch of Fortification #There's an ilvl 258 ring with more STA and avoidance, but no armor
(245) Ring: Band of the Twin Val'kyr
(258) Shield: Forlorn Barrier
(245) Main hand: Crusader's Glory #I suspect Blizzard made a mistake and forgot to implement the ilvl 258 version, so there might be another upgrade out there
(245) Ranged: Libram of Defiance
(258) Trinket: Satrina's Impeding Scarab
(226) Trinket: Heart of Iron #wonder if you can wear the ilvl 245+258 Satrina's at the same time?

Enchanting/gemming for pure STA plus one purple gem, the fully raid buffed stats come out to:
57,230 HP
34,241 Armor
67.50% avoidance
OSDeath
Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:38 pm

Re: Petrus's Master Gear List Discussion Thread

I understand some of the reasoning for putting the crafter only trinkets ina separate tag on the list. But, how do they stack up with the other trinkets available? Is there any way that we can slot them into the other trinket ratings?

Thanks,
Prot