Skip to content
Maintankadin

Ratanna's Best-in-Slot WotLK Guide.

Ratanna
Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:56 pm
yeah i stand corrected. that macro says i'm at 98.879% Sad
_________________

LPskater4886
Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:37 am
tried to tell you that a while ago, like i said id lose 1-2k stam for more avoidance for a nonmagic fight, but for magic fights stam is king.
Ratanna
Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:14 am
updated with new enchant.
_________________

Ratanna
Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:41 pm
just hit 33,104 hp unbuffed. Who else is with me in the 33k hp club? Very Happy
_________________

Treck
Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:25 am
Still need 3 gearparts to actually drop before hitting 33k...
_________________
"It's difficult to work in a group when you're omnipotent."

Situational gear is... Situational.
Petrus
Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:48 am
From what I can tell it's almost literally impossible for me to hit 33k. I'm not a JC and not a BS, thus will probably be stuck in the sub-31 realm for a long time. There are only a handful of upgrades I can get for my stamina, but they should collectively get me very close to 31k if not over.

No JC trinket, JC gems, or BS sockets mean no 33 for me, though. Also means my guild uses our JC/BS tankadin for almost everything because he has 3k more health than I do (I'm about 29.5 he's about 32.5) even though I have more avoidance and block.
_________________

Torquemada
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:12 pm
Uhm, you do get the mining stam bonus, and a sonic trinket, right? That's worth a decent chunk o' stamina, if not as much as the uberdom that is BS/JC goodness.

Only things I disagree with at this point on the list are that I'd prefer the JC crafted tank ring and the chest plate from Grobbulous. I like the extra defense it offers me, meaning I can swap out my danged green gems.
_________________
Heroic Hogger - A Work in Progress
Kelaan
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:14 pm
So, currently, if I put my current kit into chardev.org, I can get my unbuffed health to ~25k with my current available gear. (e.g.: http://www.chardev.org/?template=105930 - got the bracers and belt last night so they are not yet enchanted/gemmed in real life.)

From there, though, and looking at potential upgrades that I'm seeing, I'm having a hard time understanding how to get that extra ~5k health. Is it just that eventually you get enough gear to skip gemming for defense completely? It seems like even swapping around some of the "best" gear that I have available, and using solid gems instead of the def/stam ones, I only gain less than 1k health. What are the stepping stones like? How long do you sit at ~25-26k before being able to go higher?

Part of this is, I guess, that I feel defense-starved; def meta gem, the naxx-10 legs rather than others ... is it just a matter of waiting until I have a set of higher-def +stam pieces to choose from (primarily the ilevel 213 pieces)?
Ratanna
Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:14 pm
drop engineering.
_________________