Skip to content
Maintankadin

MT gear progression

Dragonzbane
Wed Oct 03, 2007 12:12 pm
What about trinkets?

And have we decided that the Belt from Leo isn't worth consideration?
_________________
Lore
Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:30 pm
I haven't worn double stamina trinkets ever (I don't even have a Madness trinket), and I don't think it's necessary in many situations.

You don't have to have as much HP as a Warrior to do the job properly.
_________________
Where did I leave my book of matches?
Aetherial
Sun Oct 14, 2007 6:35 am
You should add Antonidas' Aegis of Rapt Concentration in there.... has more armor and BV than Kaz'rogal's Hardened Heart which makes it a fantastic shield for AOE tanking imo.

I'm sort of confused on the Hyjal tanking cape though. Are we looking at that as equivalent to Devilshark/Phoenix-Wing, or slightly above?
_________________

Teah
Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:05 am
Yeah I really want that shield... it looks really sweet for my main job. Add tanking.. Laughing

I would say Hyjal tanking cape = Phoenix Wing, and the new badge cape is Devilshark > Badge Cape > Phoenix Wing.
Dragonzbane
Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:07 pm
Can we try to update this to include the new 2.3 gear?
_________________
Ganges
Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:24 pm
I concur, this list is a great help for a nub tankadin like me Smile
Lieris
Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:54 am
I am (very slowly) updating it with the 2.3 stuff. Shout if there are any omissions Smile
_________________

Dragonzbane
Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:57 am
Well, I still say the belt from Leo should go on that list somewhere, especially since it dropped last night, even though I passed on it.

Also, what about the Silvermoon Gloves from Kael?

I'm having a hard time figuring the priority on my upgrade paths now.
_________________
Azraiel
Wed Oct 31, 2007 5:16 am
Excellent thread Smile

It's great to see so much gear available outside raiding (even though I'm in a raiding guild this char is an alt currently).

I was wondering where the S1 gladiator's gavel is in the weapon list since it's only 26 dmg less than the S2 equivalent and I'd prefer to only grind the points for the shield wall?

The heroic badge legs and boots in 2.3 looks amazing though, will probably spec holy to grind the badges though so I don't have to farm the intermediary blue tanking gear.

Keep up the great work, you make work much less boring for me having this forum to keep me entertained.