Skip to content
Maintankadin

Quel'Serrar

Candiru
Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:42 pm

Re: Quel'Serrar

Kvaern wrote:
Rithale wrote:will the 2.00 attack speed make it better for threat with seal of vengeance/corruption and hammer proc of said seals? Or has blizzard finally normalized it?


AP contribution is always normalized when applicable, weapon damage range never is.


WRONG AP contribution is only normalized on instant attacks, not on seal procs.

As such yes, 2.0 speed = lots more threat, especially with reckoning.
Melathys
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:06 am

Re: Quel'Serrar

as much as I want to love this weapon, I'm finding it hard to love with no stats besides the proc. (well, and stamina, but that's a given.)
Fridmarr
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:26 am

Re: Quel'Serrar

I can't find the post now, but I'm pretty sure I saw GC make a post that said something to the effect of...Although I can't comment on items discovered only through data mining, if we were to make such a weapon all sword users would be able to use it.

Basically he was saying that DK's and DPSers would be able to use it. I'll try to find the post.


EDIT: Here's his comment http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... ageNo=4#70
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Aug 20, 2009 6:34 am

Re: Quel'Serrar

What we've seen from Ony is most likely only half complete. All they've really done with most of the items is take what the L60 item had and boost the numbers. Hell, the DK helmet is just copy-pasted from the warrior ones. I'm sure we'll see passive tanking stats on Quel soon enough.
Kelaan
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: Quel'Serrar

I was surprised at the Frost and Shadow resistance (10??) on the tiered helms. It's like ... why bother?

That, and I am un-eager to have a tanking sword without strength. However, it DOES appear to be pretty much awesomely itemized for SURVIVAL, so we can get some threat elsewhere. Trading 50 or 60 str for a boatload of armor and defense sounds like a nearly-no-brainer.



.. and the model looks cool.
badgermonkey
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:40 pm

Re: Quel'Serrar

Kelaan wrote:I was surprised at the Frost and Shadow resistance (10??) on the tiered helms. It's like ... why bother?



10 is better than zero.
Grehn|Skipjack
Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm

Re: Quel'Serrar

It's possible they'll leave the resists on there simply for nostalgia. If you'll recall, the Heirloom Lava Dredger has 10 FR just like the original, but it takes up no item points.
Braundo
Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:05 pm

Re: Quel'Serrar

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:It's possible they'll leave the resists on there simply for nostalgia. If you'll recall, the Heirloom Lava Dredger has 10 FR just like the original, but it takes up no item points.

This is it.

The original T2 helms had 10 FR and 10 SR. They're still there on the new ones, but I have a feeling they aren't affecting the item budget.

I am more curious whether the new Ring of Binding's resist stats affect the item budget, though, because it has 125 total resist points on it. It'd be a terrible waste if it actually did factor in.
Kelaan
Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Quel'Serrar

badgermonkey wrote:
Kelaan wrote:I was surprised at the Frost and Shadow resistance (10??) on the tiered helms. It's like ... why bother?

10 is better than zero.


2x 10 points resistance are itemization points that could have been spent on:

armor
stam
dodge rating
parry rating
str
expertise
hit
agility (haha yeah right)

Sure, it's not a lot, but 10 more resistance is, usually, relatively un-useful, unless you need it to reach a resistenc threshold, right? I believe I would find any of the above more generally useful than 10 SR + 10 FR.... unless they start wanting us to wear resistance again? Ew.


Braundo wrote:
Grehn|Skipjack wrote:It's possible they'll leave the resists on there simply for nostalgia. If you'll recall, the Heirloom Lava Dredger has 10 FR just like the original, but it takes up no item points.

The original T2 helms had 10 FR and 10 SR. They're still there on the new ones, but I have a feeling they aren't affecting the item budget.


If it's only for free flavor and nostalgia, then ... carry on. :D No complaints there. =)
Zeianna
Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:31 am

Re: Quel'Serrar

Leidus wrote:I'm willing to bet the sole reason this new QS has a Warrior/Paladin restriction is because the old one did.


Agreed, except remove "I'm willing to bet".