Majiben wrote:I hope it's just you since there is the survival portion of BV.fuzzygeek wrote:Is it just me, or is there very little point to having above 2760 BV (before procs, taking DR into account)?
Oh? I didn't know add'l BV would still apply to incoming physical damage. Interesting.
My max BV set is 3170 BV without any procs, so with libram swapping and trinkets that'd be around 4.5k BV. However, this set also has 9k fewer HP and 13% less avoidance than my primary progression set. Of course, that's taken to a bit of an extreme as it's gemmed and enchanted for strength.
I still think given the trade off between BV and stam/avoidance, I'd still generally prioritize stam/avoidance on non-trivial content. I wear a bit more BV for 10.Alone in the Dark, but not a full BV set. Might be worth looking at, if we get a non-patchwork raid to work on it.
Northrend Beasts is (as far as we've seen) pretty trivial, and BV isn't going to do anything for p2, which is the only remotely interesting part of the encounter.
Also, depending on the gear load out, Hit may be marginally better than Str for d/tps. Rhi's tankadin spreadsheet ( viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3117 ) was fairly enlightening.
