As a benchmark, our guild can do 25m Flame with 2 towers and no overloads, just by nuking.
Its all about keeping up stacks of 10 spellfire!
Candiru
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:13 pm

gibborim wrote:I'm sure you could also pick up a ton of randoms for a quick FL monday nights. Get 15-20 people and you could probablly do 1 tower up easily enough for an extra badge.
Awyndel wrote:Get the gloves. the neck can be replaced with a 10 man drop, the belt can be crafted with gold, the legs are for a block set...
Tier 8 is too expensive, get it later.
Awyndel wrote:At first glance i'd agree with you, but after some time i switched back to the mark of unyielding.
The only advantage the shard has over it is hit, and not actually a lot of threat. And considering I have 2 taunts, I am so arogant to say I can do without the hit, I have plenty anyway. I never have problems with burst agro either.
The avoidance is about equal, threat is bit lower, but the armor and stamina combined are a lot more eh.
and yeah, the gloves are quite powerfull.
theckhd wrote:As Awyndel said, the armor is worth around 30 Stamina worth of EH, give or take. The rough rule of thumb I use for armor to stam is 11 armor = 1 stam, as calculated in this post. You can plug your own stats into those equations to figure out what your personal ratio is, but my bet is it will still come out pretty close to 11:1.
Honorshammer wrote:Wulfhere wrote:I see you don't have credit for a FL-25 kill. I am also in a 10-man only guild. What we started doing last week is killing FL-25 with 10-15 people. The first week we started on a lark with about 6 people. We wiped several times but then pulled in another 6 more and took him down on the next try. This week, we did him with 12 with only a few deaths on the gauntlet and a 1-shot of the kill. This gets you 1 extra conquest badge per week.
I'll float this idea by my raid leader. Most nights we are doing well just to have 10 people on to fill out our team.
Mert wrote:I did this using just my unbuffed stats and got almost exactly 12:1, though I appreciate that assuming raid buffs is no doubt more valuable an exercise and will probably come out with something closer to your expectation. One quick question, however - when you took your unbuffed numbers, did you assume Devotion Aura was on, since it will always be there when tanking (unlike Kings which will just probably be there) or did you just take your figures as displayed in the Armory?