Skip to content
Maintankadin

80 blues better than epics?

Bundy
Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:34 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Yes those are the ones.


Thank you for the much needed assistance.


I switched em out and the % difference in damage reduction was pathetic, like 0.3% or something with the 300 additional armor. Althogh I enchanted it it with 250 more armor and it went to 0.7%. Which I will take over the blue because I need the extra hit. Too many taunts have missed lately and caused wipes.


I think I just want to stack as much BV as possible so I can max my shield block/shield slam abilities.


I just now realized if I pop shield block, my shield slams will be hitting for much more with the double BV, tried it this morning and I was shield slamming for 6k, oh happy day. :D

No other ability hits that hard except an execute crit.

And I know tanking is not about dealing damage, but the way I see it, warriors are more CD oriented, and with every BV I get it is doubled for shield block, actualy even more than double becuase of glyphs. I think it would be possible to be blocking of upwards of 4k with shield block.

Does the double BV from shield block stack with the critical block talent? If so, maybe I could block a few 8k hits, who knows.
Majiben
Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:09 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

a .03% absolute reduction in a hit doesn't sound right at all for that much armor.
Bundy
Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:27 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

I just checked it real quick this morning before I had to go to work, it may have been 0.3%, I just remember being greatly dissapointed.
Khayne
Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:20 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Remember that if it increased you by 0.3%, you need to factor in your current armor. Say you got 50% armor (you have more i'm sure), going to 50,3% actually makes you take 0,6% less damage. if you're at 60%, then you take 0,75% less damage.

For comparison, 42 BV decreases your damage taken by 0,6% when you're being hit for 7k a pop.

hence, if attacks on you do more damage than 7k, the armor reduces inc. damage by more, if you're being hit for less/hit, then the BV reduces more.

It's also one of reasons why so many of us really are armor whores these days when ulduar bosses hit for 18k-25k a pop.

P.S. Just remembered i forgot to factor in Redout increasing BV, but i guess you can work it out yourself now. just add the % to that BV. Another incorrectness is that i didn't factor in BV from strenght.

Still, "give man a fish/teach a man to fish...".
Bundy
Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:21 am

Re: 80 blues better than epics?

Im at 61% I believe. And I agree, I would love to have a whole set dedicated to maxxing armor. And I fully plan to at some point, in fact if that damn cloak didnt have less stats I would gladly take the added armor over the BV, but im not gonna take a stam and str reduction just for a little extra armor. Maybe when I get around to enchanting it with an additional 250 armor it will be worth it. Plus I keep getting screwed out of the tank ring with +armor in H Old Kingdom, first time it dropped some Retadin rolled and beat me, than last night some mage thought no one needed and rolled need to D/E w/o even asking or anything, and we both rolled 99....and he still got it somehow. I still do not understand how that works. Its happened in the past. ive actualy had a tie with someone where we both rolled 100 but everytime the other guy wins the roll even though we tied. Someone said something like whover rolled first wins in that case, thats pretty damn stupid.