Skip to content
Maintankadin

Emblem of Valor ring vs JC crafted ring.

Sokem
Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:52 am
dps. yes seriously.
Majiben
Sat Jan 17, 2009 1:58 am
I just woke up >.< But I could use more sleep.

I see what you're saying now though it wasn't clear from what you wrote earlier. Seeing defense rating right next to block rating made just activated a certain part of my brain that made me say what I did.

If I understand you correctly, you're saying that sometimes you can't wear the best or better item in one slot because it would cause you to violate the minimum requirements as a tank so you were another item (ie the valor ring). I agree completely with that but I'm not sure I would factor that into a progression list because the minimums can be made up in so many different ways (different slots, gems, enchants, trinkets).
_________________
Mysticknight
Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:51 am
I would and i do use both its great for opening up those extra def and pretty much help you just gem for stam instead of Def both are great rings.
_________________
Candiru
Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:15 am
I use the sand-worn band, and the gatekeeper.

I used to use the titanium earthguard above the valour one though, as its slightly better for tanking, just lower DPS. I wonder if we will get it upgraded to ilevel 200?

The def drop from gatekeeper means I am at only 541 defence, but its got lots of dodge rating and armour, and I <3 armour.
Majiben
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 am
Takes closer to 3 hit to equal the tps and dps of 1 str. Before the dodge soft cap the tps difference between hit and expertise is negligible
_________________
Petrus
Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:44 am
I'm not a JC, and getting the Earthguard Ring would be somewhat expensive, while I already have the badge valor ring. I also feel as though I need hit because of a few rng-unlucky times when I've missed strings of two or three (or more) attacks right at the beginning of a fight and lost aggro for a second. I admit it would be nice to have but with my current gear I feel the badge ring is a better fit.
_________________

Majiben
Mon Jan 19, 2009 11:46 am
1% less parry and dodge meaning 2% more of the applicable hits will connect versus 1% from hit for more attacks. Don't believe me? Read psiven's work.
_________________