Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pre-raid Tanking: Theories, Goals and the Gear to Get There

uke
Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:06 am
I think you mentioned it earlier, but I would HIGHLY recommend holding off on dropping a current high level profession until you see what 3.1 has in store.

For instance, I'm currently pretty high level enchanting/engineering on my pally (mostly ret), which was pretty imba in BC for the goggles and ring enchants, as well as a great source of cash.

In WotLK, both are still very strong professions, but not at the top of the min/max ladder. However, dropping a 445 and 380 skill for ones that may or may not be at the top of the peak in the next major content patch just doesn't strike me as very wise (ESPECIALLY for blacksmithing).

I say that if any of your current profs are above 350 at the moment, just sit tight and see what comes down the pike, then make a decision from there.

Oh, and roflcopters Wink
_________________
ROFLcopter...I win
Marwan
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:13 pm
Not to mention that if you unlearn to re-specialize you can't relearn the Mote Extractor schematic, so if you got rid of it you're screwed. You also can't reapply for a membership card to get the exclusive pet.

Bleh.
_________________
Archimeades
Tue Dec 30, 2008 12:41 pm
The bad thing is, that when gnomish eng's get the http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56473 (6 titanium, 2 dream shard, 2 handfuls of cobalt bolts) , goblin eng's get http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=56514 (1 saronite bar, one volatile blasting trigger.) Admittedly only changes the 5 points from 425-430, but those are damn expensive points to get through..... Mad
_________________