As I said in the other thread, I'm thinking dodge/defense is a very good gem to get for red slots if you're close to block cap and can use a few of them to reach it - it gives (pre-DR) about half a percent (~0.52%) towards the block cap. Not quite the (again, pre-DR) six-tenths of a percent (~0.64%) that a straight defense gem gives, but for a red slot it works excellently.
Personally, I'm going to stick with dodge/stam for red slots, because
1) I'm block capped and 0.04% block from each point of defense is wasted
2) the miss that comes from that defense is also not going to be quite up to par because of DR
3) the stamina will serve me a bit better than the defense will, and either way I'm running with only one red gem socketed as it is (to fulfill the meta)
4) nobody on Gorgonnash has it yet
But those are
my reasons - your mileage may vary.
_________________
