Skip to content
Maintankadin

Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Metarra
Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:39 am

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

How are T8.5 gloves better than Gauntlets of the Royal Watch as MT gloves? I use either Gauntlets of the Iron Furnace (10man Ignis) or T7.5 gloves at the moment, and don't really care about more threat on the T8.5 since I don't threat cap the raids DPS anyway. Do T8.5 gloves give much more stam than Gauntlets of the Royal Watch?

I've glanced at the T8.5 gloves only a few times and didn't like the pure parry on them so maybe I missed something. I can't access anything to look up the stats at the moment :p
Petrus
Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:39 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

The 8.5 do have a bit more stam but poor itemization and I replaced them with Royal Watch as soon as I could spare the 2pc and had the badges. The vastly superior itemization beats out the slight stam difference imo (unless you're in a fight stacking stam for some reason).
Jayson
Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:50 pm

Re: Jayson's BiS Guide Discussion Thread

Hey guys, with the gloves, look at it this way. T8.5 give you better EH and T, while the Royal Watch give you better AV. The differences in EH and T are slight, while the AV difference is noticeable. I personally am wearing the Royal Watch, but more than for the stats, it is because I would rather see the tier gear in the hands of someone who needs it for a massive upgrade. Also, if you have 1 other tier piece, the 2 piece bonus is again a slight T increase.

The itemization I will be looking for in 3.2 is Stam, AV, BV. Am I the only one at or near the block cap in EH gear? I'd take BV over Hit or more BR in that situation. Similar threat to the hit you'll find on avoidance gear as well as reliable mitigation is something I would very much like to see.


Bulwark of Algalon moves into the Mt position as an EH/AV shield, bumping The Boreal Guard to a top-EH shield only.