Skip to content
Maintankadin

Pre-raid Tanking: Theories, Goals and the Gear to Get There

Ciandin
Wed Apr 16, 2008 10:35 am
Read the stickies then ask a specific question and we'll be glad to offer advice Laughing
_________________
Thing is if you're using daggers in both hands and Sinister Strike isn't recommended then how would you build combo points?
Mordinm
Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:20 pm
Crusader's Ornamented Spaulders are what I use. While I am over 490 defense I prefer the armor and stam over the lower level shoulders. The spell damage never hurts either. I'd drop them for Righteous or Fanblade Pauldrons in a heartbeat but Bot has not been good to me and even finding a group for Heroic Crypts is near impossible for me.
Kelaan
Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:45 pm
Glad to hear a thumbs-up. Surprised) Agreed, I'd use Fan-blade or Righteous in a heartbeat as well... but for now, I could use the stamina.
Blondei
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:13 am
So...

If I used this guide for gearing up for Kara, would I be able to use this gear for tanking heroics as well?
Styrm
Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:09 pm
Is there a set list of items that I could start gathering to hit uncrush and uncrit, without going into PVP or badge gear, looking to turn and burn and be raid ready at 70, need to fill a vital role that my guild is lacking.

Already have the tanktronic goggles, with the +12 def and +10% block value, and the +4 def and +6 stam get in it, and a +10 stam chant on it.

Have the Shield of the wayward footman in the bank with the +18 stam chant on that.

Putting together the felsteel gear as well. Working on acquiring the Crystalforged sword for Sp dam as well.

What else should i be on the lookout for? through crafting/or AH purchases.

My professions are as follows:

Engineering, and Enchanting.

Going to be repping with aldor for the chest piece and the shoulder enchants.

Any further suggestions would be greatly welcomed. and thanks in advance.
_________________
Frostmane: Danyell, War, 70 MT
Frostmane: Karahmon, Sham, 70 Resto
Frostmane: Tazzlehof, Rog, 70 Combat Dags
Frostmane: Raystlyn, Mag, 70, ICE
Frostmane: Chrysianna, Pri, 70, Holy/Disp
Frostmane: Styrm, Pally, 70, Tankadin
Kelaan
Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:40 pm
You DID read Eanin's guide to Failsafe Uncrushability (one of the other stickies), right? That pretty much answers all of that.

Helm: you have one.
Neck: Mark of the Ravenguard (Sethekk Halls quest), or the CE rep neck

Quest for the nexus-guard pauldrons in Netherstorm.
Do the arcatraz key chain for the tanking belt, or get one crafted.
Quest in NS for Dabiri's Enigma.

Get Revered with Keepers of Time for the leggings and helm enchant. Those are more useful (IMO?) than the aldor rep... though that aldor chest IS nice.


... it's all in Eanin's guide. Smile
lament
Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:47 pm
http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30034 is a crafted belt that is a random BS drop in TK or SSC. The belt is boe, so just find a blacksmith.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=31858 is a great trinket both for stamina and threat and can be made through gathering the furies deck.

I know you said you are looking at non-PVP ways, but I'd almost say forget about crystalforged these days and just wait the extra week to pvp and get the gladiator's mace. It has 78 more spell damage, which is simply just not easy to come by, especially if you need to be stacking avoidance you'll find very few spell dmg pieces that meet the cut.
Solessa
Thu May 01, 2008 12:28 pm
Heroics are below kara in item level so yes
_________________

Pally Tanking...all the work, half the respect, twice the insults.