Skip to content
Maintankadin

Sunblade Cabalists

Chloe
Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:49 am

Sunblade Cabalists

So, I had a disaster with these last night. With only one hunter in the raid, MD wasn't available to pull these guys to me. If I try to pull them back, they either sit there and spam shadow bolts at me or chain summon imps. If I move up to use consecration I chain break sheep and get the shit yelled out of me on vent - it's rather depressing.

I feel I started to get the hang of it towards the end, tossing my consecrations down so that they were just in the edge and slowly moving them away from sheeps, but I'm wondering, is there an easier way to do this? They are, sadly, immune to arcane torrent. Sunwell just has so little room to work with and so few places I can LOS to without agro'ing another pack or scout or both.

Are any other prot-lala's tanking these guys and have any advice on how to move them away from the ton of CC they seem to stand in? Help!

xo
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hakkar&n=Seraphs
Worldie
Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:18 am
We just sheep em.

If we can't, i taunt em and move out of range so they get closer and i can consecrate.
_________________

Gerilith
Tue Apr 01, 2008 9:28 am
1st priority sheep because of the imps. To pull them, just tell a mage to counterspell or use LoS.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Morganim
Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:32 am
We found sheeping cabalists as first priority was the best option as the imps are just annoying.

We usually sap/sheep enough for only 1 priest and 1 vindicator to be out so i just grab the vindicator and DONT consecrate. By the time the priest is dead i have enough threat from seals/judements that lack of cons isnt a problem.

On the pulls with scouts i usualy grab a vindicator and another (2nd vindicator is good) and drag them to the back of the raid and consecrate there while MT and feral/warrior ot grab one each (we dont like to run this trash with less than 3 mages)
_________________
Elysianlight
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:46 pm
My guild runs with only one mage it seems recently, and we tank 4 mobs at a time. Cabalist is always sheep priority though.

Basically the pulls are something like this for us

Vindicator: Druid Tank
Cabalist: Sheeped
Mage: Warrior Tank
Priest: Druid Tank
Second Vindicator/Mage/Priest whatever : Warrior Tank

Probably not the most efficient way to do things but it works, wtb more sheeps.
_________________
Gerilith
Tue Apr 01, 2008 12:56 pm
I always tank one Priest of Dawn a little aside. Works perfectly well.
_________________

Cauze blizzard begins to let healing suck.
Worldie
Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:10 pm
well, vindicators _do_ hit hard but as long as you are healed and in t6ish gear (like you should in sunwell) it's nothing important
_________________

Amran20
Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:37 pm
Yeah, my guild had me tanking Vindicator's plus any extra mobs that may get loose or what have you. I was honestly surprised, I figured I'd get put on a Priest. My raid leader is changing I tell you!
_________________


If these numbers are low, I'm LOLRET.
icydevarosp
Thu Apr 03, 2008 9:54 am
The re spawn timer is exactly 2 hours, if your getting close to that re-kill the robot, and the patrol...

The funny thing we found about this is that if your warlocks are running low on shards from summoning 1/2 the raid back up the imps give soul shards when they die. So just sit there and let them summon them once their the last mob and let them grind shards for about 10 mins to replenish their supply
_________________