Skip to content
Maintankadin

Eredar Twins

Neuron
Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:34 pm
What i was inferring by stating that the offtank is threatcapped by the maintank is largely based on the idea that you want her to be attacking your most geared or skilled or non-retarded or decided-beforehand tank most of the time. Sure the offtank can become the primary target and the maintank become the offtank. It probably does not even matter to much.

Healers however need to be aware of it (although aggro is switching periodically anyways due to conflag/confound). Its not always easy for the MT healers to switch to the target based on threat transition at a random point in time versus one of the expected aggro switches from conflag or counfound (and conflag has a 3.5 second warning anyways).
_________________
Croiky
Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:06 pm
Asked our MT to TRY a couple attempts with mt mting and a druid OT, explained to him all the mechanics on how a pally would take less damage


All i got was

"Theres alot of spell damage going around you would take alot more"
proven wrong
"You don't have as much effective health"
-_-
"There is no way a paladin is a more effective tank for this boss"
-_-
and finally "I have never taken a single crushing on this boss" (warrior)

After proving all that wrong

"I've been the MT for this guild for years without fail, thats not changing anytime soon"

ffs.


What else can i do ? Neutral
_________________
Agarious
Thu May 01, 2008 1:02 am

Reverse Order

Nailed a Kill in the Reverese Order tonight. Got War Shoulders from the deal. I'll post video within minutes.
_________________
Guild - http://www.forlornlegacy.net/
Bobu
Thu May 01, 2008 5:43 am
reverse order kill of the twins gives you different loot
_________________
Fat gurlz are hard to kidnap...i've tried...it's not worth it.
-Meeka
Cakes
Thu May 01, 2008 10:23 am
Yeah, I plan on learning it in the "reverse" order for several reasons:

1) It seems that 3 minutes of very difficult healing would be better than 6 minutes of difficult healing, since phase 2 is trivialized in the "reverse" order.

2) My guild has the habit, as I'm sure others do, of sticking to a strat once it's been proven to work. I don't think the rest of my raiders will be as enthused as I am to go wipe on a completely different strat after we've killed them once.

So now I just have to convince my healers.

Thanks for the vid Agarious.
Agarious
Thu May 01, 2008 10:32 am
No worries, I hope it helps. I should add the vid is from a warlock PoV, however you can clearly see where we positioned as Sacrolash tanks, and where the bulk of the raid will be. The only person that dips out of hte camera angle much is the warlock we used as the Alys tank, but you'll see that he is just behind myself and the war tank dropping the patches so we can wipe stacks easily.
_________________
Guild - http://www.forlornlegacy.net/