Skip to content
Maintankadin

Kalecgos

kolori
Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:14 pm
When tanking Sathrovarr in the spectral realm, just before taunting you can take Free Action Potion, and I personally recommend that. It makes you to be immune for the stun from the Corrupting Strike, that effectively reduces your avoidance to 0. However, the damage from the strike still applies.
Mithos
Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:57 pm
I'm confused about this still - are people not chain drinking ironshields on him? Or do FAP's not share their CD's?

If you don't wanna eat corrupting strike, let the NPC tank him for a bit and watch when the NPC eats it.
_________________

Mithos
Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:15 am
Lame, I find it is better to use ironshields myself, sometimes depending on how fast the portals spawn you can find yourself there may be a few less healers than one would like in one of the worlds. I start drinking them after the 3rd portal, and use retri aura until the first one for nice SA threat.
_________________

Tisiphone
Mon Apr 28, 2008 1:44 pm
Still wiping on this guy, can't seem to figure out why the tanks are dying. And it's not even me, but the smashingly geared warriors. Every single try we had (and we had a lot, 6 days in total I think), one of the tanks died. I suppose it's either healers' skill or gear fault. I suppose a shadowpriest as #4 by healing isn't a good thing.

How many healers do you run btw?
_________________
Like they say, bind all buttons to FoL and just roll your head over the keyboard.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jaedenar&n=Tisiphone
Splug
Mon Apr 28, 2008 2:06 pm
We've killed him with 7, but 8 is ideal if you use a four-group strategy, just to ensure there are two healers in each group. Watch when the healers start leaving an area - that's when tanks are endangered. Our strategy involves a pre-meditated last stand to bridge the first time I'm stranded with 2 healers tanking the dragon (which is fairly likely to occur twice if Kalecgos decides to be lazy on portal summoning). The only thing you can really do is have your tanks know when things are going to get hot for them, and blow cooldowns quickly to try and survive a healing shortage. If all the healers exit the Sathrovarr encounter, shielding and dropping the demon back on Kalecgos is a good way to bridge the time. Warriors can look at debuff times to know when it's coming and stop building threat, but it requires a bit of planning on their part (and luck with Kalecgos catching back up at the right time).

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
tackle
Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:56 am

questions

We are starting our first week of serious attempts. We have pulled him 6-10 times when we had extra time after clearing bt/mh.

our plan is 3 tank rotation, I will probably be one of the tanks. In our other attempts I had issues as the first tank picking the dragon up without him moving to much what did I do wrong?

Where are people putting the dragon to tank him?

How many people are using a 1 tank on the dragon strat vs. 3 tank rotation?

Doing the 3 tank rotation if I take portal 1 when do I taunt and which portal should I be taking next (6?)

How do people do call outs for groups? For running around on archie with doomfires we have group captains that are responsible for calling out on vent when to run away and when to come back is this fast enough for the portals?

Thanks for the advice.
Worldie
Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:59 am
The correct placement is, aggro, run to the other side, then turn kalecgos.
_________________

Splug
Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:23 am
As long as each group has a defined area to go to, and you can position the dragon not to hit any of those areas, that positioning is fine. It's also worth noting that you can dodge/parry while mounted, but cannot be misdirected.

-Splug
_________________
(Usually) Prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug
Oramac
Tue Apr 29, 2008 8:13 am
we have since slightly altered our strat, but when i was the first tank, i frisbee'd him (yes you can just get in range w/o pulling him) and then ran around the left outer portion to position him against the back wall perpendicular to the entrance pathway. so like his right side was towards the entrance, left side away from it.

from there we just started our normal 3 tank rotation and group movement. the only change we made is that a warrior starts tanking now and i take the first portal.
_________________
kartera
Wed Apr 30, 2008 12:40 am
good day to you all.
very intersting what you all say.
I guess the demon hits everybody pretty hard.
Sometimes i get nearly one shotted. I'm buffed in the 22k HP area, but his normal hits hit for around 6k-9k + the corrupting strike ~9-10k and an aoe sb-volley and i'm seeing the gras growing from below.
Corrupting Strike reminds me of the Abonimations in mh.
Anyone tried to drink a free action potion while tanking the demon?
It is a knockdown right? So with fa-potion you should be immun, because knockdown = stun.
So it would negate really much dmg. I thought i ask you before i try this at a real try. Normally i drink is-potions.
mfg Kartera
_________________
Afraithe
Wed Apr 30, 2008 1:15 am
You will still take the same amount of damage, unless you dodge something, since the Sunwell Radiance aura is in effect, dodging it isn't really something u can count on, tell your healers to heal more and eat ironshields instead.
_________________