Skip to content
Maintankadin

Kalecgos 1 tank SR strat...questions

Worldie
Fri May 30, 2008 12:46 pm
Noone said our itemization is perfect, but is not even as terrible as you define it.
As some pointed out, spelldamage is not necessarly our only threat stat.
_________________

Fridmarr
Fri May 30, 2008 2:40 pm
I have a hard time buying the Ilevel comparison justification. With stats we don't use, we don't get a the benefit of that Ilevel. I think it's quite reasonable to see weapons we are supposed to be using as caster weapons with wasted stats for us, and feel a little miffed there's no tankadin weapons with wasted stats for casters.

Ultimately though, it's all a bit irrelevant, what is of value is the net result. I don't think any of the tanking classes are having gamebreaking threat issues, so the only question then becomes about mitigation, and the reason we are at times not chosen to tank is typically because of mitigation. A weapon slot with stats moved from spell crit/hit/haste to mitigation stats would be welcomed for sure since that helps with a weakness. Then there's simply the perception problem of blizzard choosing not take make the effort for whatever reason.

It's not something I can get too worked up over, on the other hand there no good justification at all that we don't have a more tankadin centric weapon path.
Elsie
Fri May 30, 2008 4:20 pm
I don't really care about not having a glove upgrade since I want to keep my 4pc, anyway. Or, if I want more avoidance, I can use t6 shoulders and BFGs with maybe a 15 tps loss. No gloves sucks but is hardly game breaking...
..and I don't see how this got to 8 pages.

In terms of stats if 15 stam = 12 spell dmg, we lose 11 stam and gain 30 spell dmg going to Reign of Misery.
If we lose 34 spell dmg and gain 27 stam+avoidance going to BFGs, I'd say paladins overall win out.

Personally I'd be happy to give up 4 spell damage for a bit of avoidance and 16 possible stam.

...or, if you prefer, you can gem BFGs with 12 spell damage and 5 defense / 7 stam. They still come out to 77 stam 12 spell dmg vs 59 stam 34 spell dmg.
Lore
Fri May 30, 2008 8:49 pm
Yes, Warriors have tons of weapons. No one is disagreeing with that.

Yes, we have a very small selection of sub-optimal weapons. No one is disagreeing with that, either.

This leaves, off the top of my head, three acceptable courses for the discussion:

#1: Discussion with the goal of determining how severe the issue actually is (which has been happening to some degree in this thread).

#2: Discussion of how best to deal with this situation.

#3: Discussion of what can and should be done about it.

The conversation you seem to be pushing the discussion towards is simply "this is bad, let's bitch about how bad it is," as evidenced by your responses to anyone who tries to find a silver lining. Whenever someone presents an alternative perspective, your immediate reply is something to the effect of "You're wrong, this is the worst thing Blizzard has ever done." Whining about it doesn't help anyone, and as a moderator of a forum intended to help people, I take issue with that.

We've been dealt a hand, and it's not a very good one. We can figure out how to play it to our advantage, or we can fold. Personally, I prefer to just work with what I've got.
_________________
The danger must be growing, for the rowers keep on rowing!
Fastjack
Fri May 30, 2008 9:09 pm
@Katamai:
The thing is: You want equality.

The only thing we can tell you, and you know about it, is...There is actually no equallity, and thats all this discussion is about.

You question about, if its right to say: "Okay, we work around it, like we did since start of BC." Thats okay.

But keep in mind. We started with a broken class (castbug). We had BIG disadvantages in important fields, and thats the main reason maintankadin came up that big.

Tankadines around the world started to search for sources of knowhow, how they can "work around it". They wanted to interact with people, that face the same problems.

I for myself, see the problems we face today, more as luxury problems, cause i had a few month not knowing, if i am valuable as a maintank in the upcoming month. The problems we face today, may include itemisation problems and maybe others, but they`re simply not that fundamental.

The options we have ARE unequal in some cases, compared to others.
Its a fact that Blizz is not gonna adress this, in this expansion.

You can go now, buy some TNT, and blow the Blizz headoffice, but thats gonna change nothing. They change things when they wanna change them. Simple as that.

Your anger on this case will take you nowhere, and there are only limited options to affect the way its going.

In fact i have seen a few people burn out on similar cases, mostly retadines.

Hopefully things will change in WotLK, but nobody can say today.
_________________
Tankadin for life!