Skip to content
Maintankadin

WOWinsidier promoting uneducated views?

Avaclon
Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:27 pm

WOWinsidier promoting uneducated views?

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/03/08/hybrid-theory-what-can-i-do-part-2/

Hi, I've been a frequent visitor and lurker on here for at least good 6 months or so now. This site has been an excellent resource and wealthy of information for me, and have helped me and my guild understand Protection Paladins well. So I want to thank everyone for their contribution~

However, I was incensed to read an article on WOWinsider, which by many consider to be the cornerstone of WOW information, to be outright dismissive of protection paladins, practically ignorant of what they can do. They're promoting views that's discriminatory and just wrong.

I've stated my opinion on the pieces (left a comments), and I'm hoping some of you veterans here can help educate them in more details. Or if anyone know of a way to better contact WOWinsider to take down false information?

Again, thanks for the help over the years all~

- Avaqlon on Ner'zhul
Worldie
Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:46 pm
There's so many stupid things in that post, eventually the one saying that a raid should not have more than 2 resto shamans...
And he said about holy paladins "paladins are usually HIGH STAMINA"... paladins are the healing class with less hp, if primal mooncloth set had stamina we'd be the healer with less hp in every raid.

Was the writer drunk?
_________________

Levantine
Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:47 pm
RAAAAAAGE


But I didn't read it. I'm just jumping on the bandwagon. Of course everyone believes everything some biased douche writes on a website.

What was he saying anyway? STFU and heal?
_________________

Levantine
Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:07 pm
Does that mean Retribution Pallies are the only viable spec? QUICK EVERYONE! SPEC RETRI!

Nathadan
Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:09 pm
I lost a good bit of respect for WoWInsider with that post.

QuantumDelta
Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:46 pm
Eh wowinsiders never been a very impressive website anyway
_________________
Khayne
Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:55 pm
That was unbelievably lame to read.

I just...I mean....God DAMN!

dunno how to even start with commenting that...basically he prints a picture that Warrior, the true MT´s tank the BigBadBosses, Ferals: The meatballs to grab the huge hits on off-tanks, and Protadins, the dudes that if raid and guild are nice let them come along to grab some trash.
_________________
Fridmarr
Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 pm
Why would he think the adds for Morogrim are "actually more easily tanked by Holy Paladins"?

Look I can understand his stance to a degree, but I think he makes it sound like things are a bit worse than they are. We are often the least desired tank, considering how common it is for Warriors and Druids to be raid tanking. We are frequently the tank handling adds in a boss encounter, though those aren't necessarily "less important" as he puts it.

The bigger issue is that he fails to understand the actual benefits of using us and our strengths, or at least does a horrible job of putting them out there. Listing crushing blows as a minor problem for Feral Druids, should be countered with the fact that that is one of our strengths for instance. Overall this article doesn't paint a very accurate picture of us and the current situation, it's really a shame this made it on a site like WoWInsider. With the other inaccuracies, it really looks like this was written by some WoW forum troll, it certainly lacks the polish of something that I would expect to see on WoWInsider, and it really turns me off to their site.
_________________
JacobHC
Sat Mar 08, 2008 7:01 pm
WoWInsider has generally looked down upon Protection Paladins for quite some time. Quite frankly, I'm not surprised, but I would hope an article on the strengths/weaknesses of hybrids would be more receptive to well...an accepted practice of Paladin Tanking.

One commenter said that he was stuck in pre-2.3 thinking, but really, he's floating around 1.8 in my opinion. He really just does not portray us in a good light at all, and highlighting baseline abilities as our strengths is just asinine. Frankly, what angers me most though is that armory still does not work for my character. Evil or Very Mad
_________________
Jtree
Sat Mar 08, 2008 8:18 pm
Okay, I may be stuck in the kiddie pool of endgame (damn 2nd shift job), but even I know this is wrong: