Skip to content
Maintankadin

Where do I go from here?

Edwin
Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:01 am

Where do I go from here?

First post!

Thanks largely to information I've gleaned from the Maintankadin forums, I've made some HUGE improvements in the way I tank, from gear to strategy. (Seriously, if you could have seen my old gear, spec, and style of play, you'd have laughed hysterically.) However, I find myself at a point where I could use some advice as to what to set my sights on next.

For starters, here's my current gear.

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Doomhammer&n=Edwin

I am also a huge fan of Warcrafter.net thanks to their awesome sandbox function, so here's a link to it as well.

http://doomhammer-us.warcrafter.net/Edwin

The problem I face is multi-faceted:

1. I am just barely geared (I believe) to consider Karazhan and some heroics.

2. I'm way over in defense rating, and not quite uncrushable in avoidance.

3. I'm pretty much OCD when it comes to seeing a socket bonus, as I really cannot stand passing those up.

4. I'm on a mountain time zone server (Doomhammer), and yet I live on the east coast. This makes coordinating raids with my guild a real challenge. I'm not even keyed for Karazhan yet.

5. I have been attempting to do some heroics in PUG's and haven't had much success with those as of late. I genuinely feel like I'm doing the best I can do, but yet I don't know where to lay the blame for when things fall apart.

6. I've run Steamvaults and Shattered Halls so many times now, I could practically do them in my sleep. How much of a jump in difficulty are these in Heroic mode?

7. I am constantly using goodies like Greater Rune of Warding, Major Wizard Oil, Crystal Focus, and different foods and scrolls to try to stretch my DPS, stamina, and other things as much as possible. I love goodies, so if you know of any other great ones, share 'em.

8. I realize that I'm low on health and high(er) on mana. I find that I am running out of mana like crazy, though, and so I don't want to give up those 5 points in Holy because of this.

A few observations:

- I know that my first goal should be to get the Libram of Repentance, which will push me into uncrushable territory.

- I've tweaked my gear as much as I possibly can to get the most benefit out of what I have, but I realize that I need some better pieces for certain things. The only reason I have those PVP shoulders is because I already had the badges and points, and they were a huge improvement over the Shoulderguards of the Bold which I'd had for months on end.

- I have also been told that I should finish grinding rep with the Sha'tar so that I can get the Crest of the Sha'tar for the blue sockets.

So... where do I go from here? What items should I focus on obtaining? Which instances would be best suited for what I need? Constructive advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
smeej
Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:12 am
Didn't read the entire thread... but whoever has that huge knockback move (boomkins?)... yeah, stop doing that after I've grouped up all the caster mobs into my consecrate. In fact just stop it.
_________________