Skip to content
Maintankadin

Is this a good talent suggestion?

Andox
Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:36 am

Is this a good talent suggestion?

A talent in prot (5pointer) that gives us 35% o our stamina as spelldamage. Would be 7% per point. Then Blizz could remove spelldamage rom our tiered tankign sets and we could focus more on avoidence and stamina.
_________________
Stupendous
Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:28 am
while we bathe in the hotsprings of warrior tears
_________________
SmurfZG
Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:35 am
I wouldn't mind an extra 600 spell dmg
_________________
Ulushnar
Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:59 am
It's pretty OP as you describe it. At the moment, in T4/badge gear for the most part, I hover around 400 spelldamage, (250 of which is from my weapon) and about 1400 stamina raid-buffed. Even if the spelldamage was taken off my armor, I'd still end up with 750 spelldamage. Much as I wish otherwise, I don't see that happening.
_________________
Me Cray, you Abacus.

Ulushnar
Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:12 am
Maybe 3/6/9/12/15% would be more balanced, but I'm still pretty opposed to adding yet another talent to the already bloated Prot tree.

That said, there has been murmurs that 2.4 will include soloing buffs for Prot-spec tanks along the lines of the ones they gave healers. Maybe a % of Block Value as spelldamage for pallies and AP for Warriors?
_________________
Me Cray, you Abacus.

Soltyr
Sat Jan 05, 2008 11:26 am
Looking like the devs favor a loot combination between some class/spec (i.e. Ret/arm-fury, enha/hunter, etc..) for the love of a good loot economy, initially I thought something similar between prot pally and prot warrior, a kind of stat conversion in spelldmg to use a pure tanking plate and weapon.

Then, I come up with the DK...
_________________
Andox
Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:14 pm
Atleast they could create a weapon, a rare drop starter, much like the Quel'Serrar (spelling?). A weapon that gives a good chunk of spelldamage aswell as some nice avoidence/mitigation stats. I prefer swords infront of maces, looks cooler imo.

Like:

Sword of tankdining

2.00 Speed
80-150 dmg
55 DPS

+20 Stamina

Equip: Increases spelldamage with 280
Equip: Increases your block with 2%
Equip: Increases your block value with 25


Some unique Equip, like BV, I havn´t seen BV on a weapon in my playtime.
_________________
Vagrant
Sat Jan 05, 2008 1:38 pm
That would be a 111+ dps 1-h melee weapon before the spelldamage configuration, the itemlevel would be insanely high.
Tone your weapon down.
_________________
Nord EU
Andox
Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:30 pm
Just an example, I don´t have the itemlvl formula nor the formula for dps
_________________
Pizbit
Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:06 pm
Could be realistically tied in to 1H spec.
_________________
Sharlos
Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:26 pm
Spell Warding: Also gives you spell damage equal to 25/50% of your block value.

Then also change all of our abilities to work with melee hit instead of half and half.

That means the hit rating on warrior will become more useful and allow our threat to scale with block value as do warriors. Spell hit can be removed from all tank gear.

This will consolidate tanking gear significantly and make stats that we want mirror warriors much closer.