Skip to content
Maintankadin

Do warriors care about being OP?

amadiss
Mon Dec 31, 2007 8:59 pm

Do warriors care about being OP?

Hello. I noticed that when ever someone posts class suggestions for Tankadins ther will be others complaing this or that would make us OP when compared to druids or wars.

Question:

Do you ever hear Warriors getting worried aboutr being OP compared to Druids or Paladins?
Aalryn
Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:14 am
Your own class is always underpowered and ignored

The other classes get all the attention and need to be nerfed.

It's just how it is.
_________________
Official tankadin of <The Core> Tichondrius
PsiVen
Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:06 am
Not true at all, warlocks bitch about reliance on fear and the cooldown on deathcoil, and SL/SL locks whine about defensive dispels.
_________________


Levantine
Tue Jan 01, 2008 6:11 pm
I wish fear was worth a damn.... and I don't even play a lock. o.0 Wink

Why do I always get nerfed when they try to have a go at nerfing locks?
_________________

Worldie
Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:42 am
Actually warriors are used to be "THE" tanking class, so they don't really care if they are better than dr00ds or paladins, since they have always been so.
_________________

Puss
Thu Jan 03, 2008 2:39 am
Ok , this is my own personal opinion about why warriors are NOT overpowered :

- Your raid generally only needs 1 ( omg... so if you're not the MT warrior, you're doomed ). You can have 2-3 protection paladins / feral druids ) because they can heal / DPS etc relatively good. Warrrior tanks can tank.. that's it , nothing else.

- Reason 1 should be more than enough to show warriors aren't OP'd, but here we go : Warriors have a very hard time keeping aggro on multiple mobs. In more and more boss encounters and trashmobs you pretty much can't use a warrior tank alone. Having 2-3 warrior tanks will not solve the problem, you NEED a druid or a Paladin

- Warriors are different. They're ONLY suited when the boss requires maintanking 1 boss, with paladins / druids offtanking. Any other situation , a paladin or a druid can take his place.

- Protection warriors get ganked all the time on pvp servers. They have a hard time grinding repair money. Paladins and druids have a much easier time grinding. ( feral DPS / AOE tanking small mobs )

Paladins / druids and warriors are different tanks. They all have their good sides, and all have their bad sides. There's no OP'd class in wow.

As for if warlocks are OP'd in pvp : just wear some shadesteel and make them cry.

-Puss
_________________
Lore
Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:45 am
I wouldn't say Warriors are overpowered, they just have a couple small advantages that give them a slight edge, which is a pretty big deal with all the min/maxing required for endgame raiding.
_________________
Uther would have rolled a Blood Elf.
Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 6:54 am
Well Blizzard finally acknowledged the fact that there will be 4 tanking classes in WOTLK including the new DK, I'm expecting to see more work on paladin tanking. It's fun, it works well in some fights. But we're still far from equal=p Some basic class abilities just totally make it impossible for us to tank properly, silence being one. Bloated tree, spell/melee hit "reliance", spelldamage not scaling up our survivability by some degree as BV does. Not to mention inferior dmg mitigation. A taunt that's nice in theory but is just shit when even a little latency comes into play. I could go on. For now I'm just gonna have fun doing what I like to do, tank stuffs.
_________________
Inferno255
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:02 am
Well at least they have a really nice worked out talent tree for both dps and tanking. Juts looking at their talents I'm going like...hell that 1 talent is about equal to something I have to spend 8 talent points on(Fitting 2 trees into 1 basicly, the way I see it). I really don't think we're better off then druids. Druids are viable tanks for almost everything endgame. Paladins might be able to tank most of the same stuff, but not near as efficient as any druid can when its not about aoetanking.

Hell, we bring feral druids to every single encounter be they tanking or not. They bring nice DPS and the single most important thing: BR. I usually have to sit out because my extra healing is never needed and my dps contribution as a tank is close to zilch(unless I spec for imp CR)

I'd say druids are fine, they could need some balancing I agree. But the paladin prot tree is just one big mess atm.
_________________