Skip to content
Maintankadin

downtime when farming supplicants

Rabine
Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:39 am

downtime when farming supplicants

So I just tried farming supplicants for the first time today. I can pull the entire plateau with no problem. But its like a 5min wait between respawns.

I'm reading the maintakadin forums while waiting for the respawns. What do other people do?
Rhî
Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:41 am
Fly to aldor or scryer outpost, sell junk, mail your sell-worthy items to your AH-mule, fly back to temple, kill stuff there and repeat.
_________________
Jarkeld
Sat Dec 29, 2007 8:44 am
there's many pulls you can do around there, you can also run down the ramp and pull all the blood elves there, or fly over and pull a bunch of the orcs, just explore the place and see what's good and what's not so good
_________________
In the beginning the universe was created. This has made mana people upset and generally been decided as a bad idea.
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Darkspear&n=Jarkeld
_Chloe
Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:44 am
TIP: Don't pull the Orcs on the side when Doomwalker is up Embarassed
Sparti
Sat Dec 29, 2007 9:53 am
eh? That shouldn't really matter. Doomwalker will only attack you if you're A) too close to the side and/or B) someone else is doing/aggroed by Doomwalker.
_________________
Canuun
Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:20 pm
I just do 3 pulls... One of the supplicant area, one of all the initiates from the top of the area down to the supplicant plateau (Be careful to skip the casters at the bottom of the stairs, the initiates are annoying to kill but don't hit hard, but the casters can really ruin a pull), and from the bottom of the ramp up to the stairs (the hardest pull IMO, self-healing mobs can get annoying). By the time the third pull is dead, the first should be up, so rinse and repeat. If you bring 3 or 4 empty bags and replacement shields, and you are lucky enough to get the area to yourself, you can grind for an hour or more without having to sell or repair.
_________________
Canuun-70-Stormrage(US)
Rabine
Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:19 pm
great, thanks for the advice
Alzoid
Thu Jan 03, 2008 5:49 pm
eh, i fly to the aldor outpost, sell the junk, repair the poor shield, then fly around for a little bit looking for veins...


Off topic:
Galoheart
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:03 pm
While I'm waiting for them to respawn, I just go around the area and literally KILL everything in sight. I'm that good! I kill anything with a weapon in hand, that's every bloodelf in the area around that area of BT. I kill the demons also. Pretty much all evil elfs on that entire side of BT. I just go around and kill em all. When I think the supplicants have respawned I head back there and exterminate them again, rinse and repeat. If mybag is full I quickly head to the scryer area and vendor and repair and then back to having fun.
_________________

http://ardentdefender.blogspot.com/ - My WoW Blog.

"One day my time will come. Until then I continue to prepare myself".
PsiVen
Thu Jan 03, 2008 7:22 pm
Here's what I do, 2 kite-everything-and-aoe-down-at-the-end paths for zero downtime. Unfortunately it's very susceptible to other farmers interfering.

(Map is from some guy on EJ, I just added my path and accidentally saved it as a shitty jpeg)
_________________


Euphoria
Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:56 am
Meh, don't skip the elite ;p He has a chance to drop greens too!
_________________
I have a healing set, a ret set, and a protection set for a reason. I just hate having to use the first two.
Embrake
Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:39 am
I'm new to the forums here, another tankadin.

The things I always do, is pull them all (starting at the 3 2-pairs in a row), target the elite, and dps him down with SoW, pop trinket (collosus) when I'm low on health, and carry on killing the elite with SoL (most other mobs are dead by then). I loot the small while I kill the elite.

Mana reg is just enough to pop a new seal of Light before a Mana-burn

After I drank up after the elite (forgot the name), I can go on with the newly respawned mobs
Canuun
Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:27 pm
I find I kill the elite so slowly, I can go do another pull in the time it takes me to DPS him down. It's not a matter of dying, it's a matter of being able to loot 20 more kills in the time it takes me to kill the elite. Maybe if he was a guaranteed blue or something... hehe
_________________
Canuun-70-Stormrage(US)