Skip to content
Maintankadin

Dumbest thing you have done tanking stories :-)

sissylala
Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:35 pm

Dumbest thing you have done tanking stories :-)

Well as it says.....dumbest thing you have done GO!!!

Me First:

When 2.1 came out i had a bug with some of my mods. Basically it would change the icons of things to other stuff on my bars. So i was tanking prince and it was our (woulda been) first time kill. had him down to 3% 10/10 people up.....even th hunters pet was up. for sure win. Well with my stupid tooltips fudged up i hit a supre rejuv pot as i was low on mana....low and behold it was a dreamless sleep pot. Freaking sucked balls. I went to sleep and he PWN'D the whole group in like 3 seconds. it was awful.....everyone was shocked and were like wtf i didnt know he sleeps people too. This was back in our nubbie days so we were clueless. After that we talked about what happened and ever since i have not been able to escape the dreamless wipe.
_________________
s4dfish
Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:44 pm
Hehe, that made me giggle.

My worst so far has been attempting to bubble the healer and instead fat-fingering Divine Intervention... Don't have that bad boy bound anymore...
_________________
http://worldofs4dfish.blogspot.com
Arcand
Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:49 pm
Hit BoP thinking I'd get a glowy-hand so I could save the AoE caster, forgetting I had an imperfect targettarget macro set up.

That's my dumbest in the last two months, it's probably not my lifetime record.
_________________
Scarlet Crusade - 0/46/15 - Uncrushable at 15.5k
Comma
Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:03 pm
1. BoPed the tank when the first taunt was resisted on ZA bear boss
2. righteous fury runs out
3. forget to salv
4. click wrong key while healing, taunt mobs off the tank
5. let rogue sap, then avenging shield breaks it
6. etc etc

2 and 3 still happens

<- worst pally in the world Rolling Eyes
_________________
Sparti
Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 pm
MAN SHATTERED HALLS IS EASY

TIME TO PULL TWO GLADIATOR GLADIATOR GROUPS AND A NORMAL GROUP
_________________
fudomyou
Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:10 pm
Alright, done healing the maiden! While everyone else is sorting out loot, I'll pull the next phantom guest aoe!

Hey, why am I getting hit so hard?

Wait, why am I still wearing my mask of penance?

oh snap...
_________________
Invisusira
Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:28 pm
K GUYS I R RECORDIN A MOVIE OF WALKING UP STEPS TO ZULJIN




AHH KEYBOARD STOPPED WORKING

AHH AUTOWALK ENGAGED


AHH MOUSE NOT MOUSIN







Y HELO THAR ZULJIN










LOL GUESS WAT HE WILL CHASE U GUYS ALL 2 ENTRANCE
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
stalkerzero
Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:37 pm
I was trying to drag Divine Intervention to my action bar in the middle of a fight against the last boss of Steam Vaults.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure you can all guess where I'm going with this.
_________________
Dazhbog
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:05 pm
<Group wipes>

Me: ... Forbearance, WTF?

This was before I got a mod to autocancel BoP. Fun times in Scarlet Monastery. I'm also really bad at forgetting to check the healer's mana before I pull something.
_________________
Alzoid
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:38 pm
tanking in heroic mech...

healer: your aoe missed adds, killing mage
me: *attempts to BoP mage*
mage: out of combat, as everyone else dies...

gotta love having DI and BoP next to each other... hehe
_________________
Elennira
Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:44 pm
my primary hotkey bar goes: auto-attack, SoR, AS, Judgement, HS, taunt macro, consecrate, stun, bubble, etc.etc.

we were on Prince and the warrior was tanking, so i'd chucked my spelldamage gear on and proceeded to whack away with JoR, SoV, Consecrate, et al.

then Prince turned around and slapped me into the ground, proceeded to wander over to the healer who was trying frantically to heal me (my bubble was off thanks to avenging wrath) and shadow aoed the group into oblivion...the cause? consecration and taunt macro next to each other = bad when being dps
_________________
Ralthos
Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:01 pm
"Dude, why is aggro so crazy tonight...oh, I guess it helps me tank if I have RF up..."

Yeah...
_________________
Guillex
Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:37 pm
Uhm... Hello? HELLO? HEAL ME!

*crush crush crush wipe*

PTT: Err, sorry guys, that one's on me ... My shield broke. Sad
_________________
Official thread killer