Skip to content
Maintankadin

Stoopid Company Firewall

Warrender
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:03 am

Stoopid Company Firewall

So I sit down at my desk this morning with a cup of coffee and some Christmas cookies brought in by some co-workers. I fire up the browser and go to my bookmarked http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/index.php and get this:

SurfControl

Access Denied

Access to the requested URL has been denied by SurfControl

What the...????!!!

Luckily, the bastards only blocked the maintankadin subdomain and still allowed access to http://www.failsafedesign.com/. After getting over the shock and horror, I tried http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintankadin/index.php and got in fine.

Whew!
_________________
Igrado
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:10 am
Whew! Close one!

(P.S. get in good with the admin... no matter what it takes!)
Korath
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:11 am
I would cry if I lost access to my only entertainment at work (maintankadin & guild forums) - I keep trying to find more and more 'work safe' wow sites but everything seems to fail.

spend ages yesterday looking for a talent calculator thats on a random URL, most are just inbedded wowhead calcs. Did find a pre-tbc one.
_________________


.::. Karak 70 Restoration Shaman .::.
.::. Sajuuk 70 Affliction Warlock .::.
.::. Silfen 62 Beast Hunter .::.
Zhelari
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:40 am
I'm in the same boat. maintankadin.fail is blocked. But I can still get in with www.fail.

Sadly, there's no getting in good with someone to get things unblocked. The gov't locks shit down tight. Confused
_________________
Zhelari - 70 BE Tankadin - Skullcrusher (US)
Zand
Wed Dec 12, 2007 7:02 am
I loved my old job at an ISP. We did a lot of content protection on the firewalls and upstream, but we'd always have customers requesting to get sites unblocked.

So, for us to be able to check these sites out, we HAD to have unrestricted access to the Internet. Our unofficial motto was "We search porn so you don't have to" Smile
_________________