Skip to content
Maintankadin

Posted you're mostest ever funniest applications ever!!1

Puss
Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:09 am

Posted you're mostest ever funniest applications ever!!1

Well, today we had a real imba application from a guy named Bob the Builder on our Velites forums :

=====
From Bob the Builder :

hey i am a 12,76 year old kid who
wants to join your NOOOB guild.
I would love to play with all you noobs Smile

=====

The reply :

From Hooftail :

Since I am familiar with this sort of player having played a fair bit of Halo on Xbox Live, I thought I'd break down this quite frankly excellent application to show you all what you would be missing were you not to accept bob into the guild.

Firstly, notice that bob looks down on us as noobs (line 3). Since he does this with a smiley face, we can be sure that bob is a kind, affectionate person and though he tells it like it is (i.e. we're all noobs), he atleast attempts to sugar the pill somewhat.

The next thing I would ask you to note is his magnificent vocabulary. A guild made up entirely of noobs is not, as one of lesser intelligence would immediately assume, a "noob guild". Rather it is a "NOOOB guild". Note the capitals and the extra 'O', signifying that there are no "pro" players amongst us. Were bob to join our guild, it would of course revert to being a "noob guild", and depending on his raid attendance, it may even climb to heights to which we can only aspire.

The last point for your consideration is where bob is looking down upon us from. It is a higher plane of existance, where his age in years is both 12 and 76 simultaneously. This means he has the reflexes and gaming skill of a 12 year old (very sharp, as we all know), but he also has the wisdom and old fashioned good manners of a 76 year old. He describes himself as a "kid", presumably to give us some sort of frame of reference to understand his higher being.

My fellow noobs, I would heartily recommend this application be accepted. We don't want to remain a NOOOB guild forever now, do we?

=====
_________________
Igrado
Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:12 am
win.
Nicos
Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:58 am
That image just makes the application so much funnier.
_________________

eia
Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:01 am
Not an application, but we had a recruitment post quoted in our application section going like this:

Igrado
Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:26 am
lol, great ending Very Happy
Snake-Aes
Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:28 am
I want to garrote some people with spikechains, not mouse cables >.> He's a bad rogue.
_________________
herpackmule
Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:36 am
Holy crap. Eia, can I steal that for my guild?
Igrado
Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:47 am
Also, can we edit post topic to say "Post your funniest ever Applications"?
The grammar is driving me insAne every time I see it, lol. I realize I fudge stuff all the time, though often it's on purpose for comedic effect, but seriously, "most funny?"
Igrado
Wed Dec 12, 2007 10:00 am
Much better, thanks...