Skip to content
Maintankadin

When do you use LoH?

randomjibberish
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:25 am

When do you use LoH?

I got into an argument about this.

Incident 1:
I use LoH. We wipe. I get blamed for wasting LoH. I used it because I thought we could win that fight.
Result: tank gets blamed

Incident 2:
I don't use LoH. We wipe. I get blamed for the wipe because I didn't use LoH. I didn't use it because I didn't think we would win.
Result: tank gets blamed

This is seriously pissing me off. Are people seriously out of excuses to blame the tank that they have to blame everything entirely on whether or not I use a 1 hour cooldown?

When do you use LoH?
_________________
Barathorn
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:32 am
I use it when the situation dictates I must, to 'in my mind' make 'sure' that my party is successful. If I don't think we will be, I don't use it, simple as that. It's a tricky call, but I get it right most of the time.

When I am soloing, I use it when I need it, which isn't that often these days as I only tend to be at the BT or in Stratholme.

Barathorn.
Snake-Aes
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:36 am
I use it when I have a fairly amount of certainity that I will die. Happened a couple times where the aoe damage pressed the healer too much(and a bad pull of more or less a third of the whole Underbog...don't ask). I used LoH and we won.


If they blame me for using or not using it, I will pretty much answer "I judged that was the best time(or not a good time) to use it. Can you tell yourself when I should use it?"
The biggest problem on a paladin tank is "Caring". People care too much about what others think about you, sometimes that's only going to hamper you and make your experience bad.
_________________
randomjibberish
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:38 am
I care cause the argument was with my boyfriend :p
_________________
Snake-Aes
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:39 am
That's a big thing =P I stand by my statement.

Lay on Hands is used when you think you'll die before the healer lands a heal... You thought you'd (not)die and (didn't)use it. Can't be right 24/7


And why would someone complain you did your best to not die? Sad
_________________
Claydon
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:40 am
I use it when my health is low and i dont see an incoming heal, like when fighting prince and an shitty infernal lands and your healers are moving and you are on low health.

Like others said its very hard to work out when to use it. If you think the wipe is going to happen anyway don't bother using it.
_________________
Reynar
Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:42 am
I keep half an eye on healbot :p
Kyroro
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:04 am
It's a result oriented kind of thing.

If you use it, you survive, and the boss is down, you did good.

If you use it, still die, and raid wipes, you did bad.

If you don't use it, die, and raid wipes, you did bad.


I typically will consider the remaining health on the boss, the status of my healers, and my current health as factors whether to use LOH. Having played a healer, I can kind of predict what's coming (or not coming in the case of heals). I don't remember the last time I used it but I do remember waiting too long before burning it, and I died.

It's just not something you would use every raid. If you did I would look at your strategy and execution rather than your decision making process of pressing LOH.
_________________

http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#character-sheet.xml?r=Draenor&n=Kyroro
Ulushnar
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:38 am
I use LoH when I remember it's there. When I'm low on health and I've just seen a healer or two die, or whenever I think that 15k heal might make a difference.
_________________
Me Cray, you Abacus.

quoll
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:39 am
Everytime I use LoH I get told by the healers "Lack of faith =( "

I tend to try use it for when you know healing is tight, and you can afford to blow the mana pot afterwards \o/
_________________
cdan
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:50 am
Almost never used it before, but in ZA I find I am using it on the stupid Bear boss. That 3 second silence is a pain in the arse.
Worldie
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:54 am
I spam LoH button when i'm on low HP and i don't seemb to be receiving heals.





Quite often...
_________________

Invisusira
Tue Dec 11, 2007 2:56 am
When I'm about to die and it's looking like the boss is going to die.

It seriously sucks having to think about whether or not to "waste" your OHSHI!!! button. WTB proper one.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff