My situation: I've recently respecced pretty much permanently prot, I've been gathering gear for a while through severe healer burnout, then finally took the plunge and I'd been happier with my lot than I'd been for a long time. People were trusting me to tank their heroics, I was MT'ing and RL'ing my Kara group just fine, gathering badges to get better gear so I can tank in ZA - until this weekend.
We run 2 Kara groups usually - and mine had 3 people unsign close to raid time on Saturday due to RL issues, so the GM decides to consolidate into 1 group. We had 5-6 healers and 3 tanks available, yet what do I hear next in raid leader chat: "Go respec holy Kirbs, we need you healing". We had more healers available than there were spaces in the raid. Yet I still get nagged to respec. He knows how burnt out I am as a healbot, I can barely look at my toon in holy spec let along want to play it, yet I still get forced into respeccing. When there are other healers available. I told him when I went prot that I would only respec holy in absolute emergencies, yet last night I get forced to respec when there were healers available who wanted to go to Kara, and that really grinds my gears. I'm stuck holy until Monday night now for the followup run, which had the side effect of bringing my alt to lvl 50 today because there was no way I was healbotting for anyone today.
(There's also one guy in the guild who cuts over me every time I step into a tanking discussion with the warrior and druid tanks in the guild with a sharp "Paladins should heal, end of". But that's another story, and another little frustration.)
Sorry for rambling... but really what I'm asking is what the hell can I do to make my life less frustrating, I really don't want to go looking for a new guild because alliance on my server is a total cesspool mostly, and I've put so much effort into my guild as officer and raid leader - but when I keep getting forced to respec despite the fact it was totally unnecessary and it makes me completely miserable, sometimes I feel it would be the best option to look for somewhere new.
</rant>
_________________










