Skip to content
Maintankadin

Why do you tank?

Menardi
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:40 am

Why do you tank?

I've come across many different kinds of people who tank in World of Warcraft. Some people tank because they feel it's the most involved role anyone can play in a raid. Others do it because they are forced to or their guild needs more tanks. A lot of people I know just went with the flow and kind of ended up tanking.

This is why I tank.

Stuff like this puts a smile on my face and keeps me going when I feel like giving up.

What about you?
_________________
Guillex
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:46 am
I tank because I healed for most of my time at 70 ... Got bored ... And now it puts a smile on my face to get compliments like that.

I put in a lot of work after finding these forums, and I like knowing that I'm doing a great job helping my friends and guildmates progress in the game.
_________________
Official thread killer

Shuv
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:48 am
I tank because I can...it's more involved than healing which I equate to online whack-a-mole, and even with the ret buffs, I'm not sure ret would be as fun...leaves me with no real other options for my only 70 toon
_________________
Menardi
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:51 am
I also did quite a bit of healing. I found it to be a thankless job though. I would perform better than full-time healers in better gear than me and get no recognition at all. I just can't bring myself to put in that much effort and reap no sort of reward.

Because of my experience as a healer I make sure all my healers know they're loved and make sure to tell them what a good job they're doing (provided they are actually doing a good job). Embarassed
_________________
Worldie
Sat Dec 08, 2007 8:59 am
I tank because... boh, i just found it funny while leveling an alt <.<
_________________

Lynk
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:21 am
God Complex
_________________
Palafix
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:23 am
Someone said I was as good as any warrior in a gruul PuG. I told them to stop insulting me.
_________________
Andox
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:26 am
For world peace!

Am I Mr. Outlands now?
_________________
Zhalseran
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:31 am
I leveled my pally because the concept of prot intrigued me. I've never been anything but prot. I started tanking 5-mans and I just loved it, and I haven't looked back since.

Why do I tank? Because I love it.
_________________
NarfJones
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:44 am
i spec'd prot to level from about 35 up. i haven't ever wanted to do anything else. I spec holy occassionaly as long as the guild pays for the respec and it's the only way we can raid. That will usually last about two to three boss battles and then i just can't take it anymore.

Tankadin at heart.
_________________
Invisusira
Sat Dec 08, 2007 9:52 am
If you devote yourself to an ideal - and if they can't stop you - you become something else entirely.

Legend.
_________________
armory | youtube | stuff
Luprey
Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:13 am
LOL! do i see "warla" giving you a complement? Could this be the same gnome warlock warla that used to troll the blizzard forums with ret pally hate?
_________________
Khepera
Sat Dec 08, 2007 10:17 am
I tank because it fits my personality. I always want to be the guy taking the big hits for the team so that they can succeed. Im truly a martyr at heart.

Best part of waking up is knowing that as soon as I sign on to WoW, im gonna get hit in the face by an big ugly monster.

Very Happy
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mug%27thol&n=Khepera