Skip to content
Maintankadin

So, how many of us have beat the game?

Shai
Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:52 am
Somebody linked me the profile of this paladin called Brutalis (Neptulon on EU) since he has 4/5 T6 and I'm pretty sure their guild killed Illidan. But that's about the only one I know of outside Maintankadin.
_________________
Kayoto
Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:54 am
Raiyne on my server (Shattered Hand-US) has killed Illidan (and has 4/5 T6, his shield, etc).

Hopefully me, some day. =P
_________________
Mortehl
Fri Oct 19, 2007 8:58 am
Heh. Still banging my head against the wall on Lady Vashj. We're close to having the raid come together though, so I imagine we're going to be on the next cock block by mid November.

PS I tank her Very Happy We're getting her to about 35% now, but we still end phase 2 with 1 or two people dead.

I -really- envy you guys right now :/
_________________
I r can pull now plz?
Oramac
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:36 am
i would ask to take it a step further and ask who has actually tanked Illidan in any phase?
_________________
Rhî
Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:37 am
One more here. Full-Time Prot with all it's glory.
Palafix
Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:28 pm
It matters to Palafix =(. Palafix wants to main-tank progression stuff @ level 80 if Palafix is indeed the best geared tank by the time our guild gets to raiding. It's not that I hate off tanking. I wouldn't be happy even if my guild wanted me to MT progression bosses for whatever reason. It's just not enough to me to know that we can MT stuff. I want to see people actually using us to MT if there's a clear reason for it (better gear compared to the other tanks in the guild).
_________________
PsiVen
Fri Oct 19, 2007 1:36 pm
Heh. Flame tanking gives me nervous tics. It must be easier on the first add, because by the time the melee come to my side I'm usually scrambling to find the next safe spot. I'm getting better at it, but double eye beams can still back me into a corner pretty quickly. Our #1 warlock sometimes pulls aggro off me on the second add because I'm not really focusing on threat.
_________________
Gladiator Psiven, 70 Tankadin (semi-retired)
Rival Psivenia, 70 Warriorlol
Psivenne, 60 Bare

Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
Atreidies
Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:49 pm
Was 18/43/0 through 5/9-4/5, then went full-time Holy, back to prot every once in awhile to tank on Council when we're short tanks, and I tank the first target Flame on Illidan with some ghetto single-purpose 10/36/15 spec.

Edit: And I agree 100% with you PsiVen, although luckily I'm the burst threat tank for the Flames, unless I take an Eye Beam in a bad spot and would lose a majority of my area to drop green fire patches in mine dies first. Not something I look forward to all week by any means, but I had a much easier time with dodging Eye Beams this week, I think I've done it enough that I have some default positions to hop to to avoid insta-death making my job a little less stressful.
_________________

Atreidies
Sat Oct 20, 2007 12:07 am
As for those asking about a Paladin MT for Illidan, it is by no means out of the realm of possibility, but there's no compelling reason to tank Illidan versus the Flames. Unfortunately this IS an encounter where a Paladin specifically should 'outgear' the encounter to MT it as you would need an extra 11-12% dodge/parry/block to make up for the fact that Shear cannot miss and then have enough HP at the same time to survive his enrages in p5 while either being healed through them or dragging him to Maiev's traps and it should be noted that he cannot crush so we do not have an edge in that regard.

At any rate, anyone that has done either role will tell you that tanking the flames is a much bigger burden, and is a role that we can shine in, whoever tanks a Flame is in full FR gear and threat is a HIGH commodity and makes us excellent tanks for this type of situation. I'm sure someone will convince their guild to let them do it sooner or later, if I weren't an FR tank and would have to wipe for a day or so while someone else learned to do my role I would probably try to do the same myself, but other than for sheer vanity, there's no reason to actually tank Illidan himself.
_________________