Skip to content
Maintankadin

Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Tev
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:25 am

Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Title says it.

I can easily forgive a lot of the crap engineering has gone through with them giving us Jeeves. With Jeeves, I doubt I'll ever again consider dropping engineering for anything. There is nothing quite like being able to access my bank from anywhere in the world, add in the fact he can repair and sell my reagents (not to mention buy all the junk I carry) it makes my newfound love of engineering wonder if I don't have a little gnome in my Blood Elf family tree somewhere.

Between Jeeves and Moll-E, if I had a portable auctioneer I'd never have to go into town again.

Anyone else as happy as I am with engineering now?
Avias
Tue Aug 11, 2009 2:34 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

I agree whole heartedly. Jeeves is awesome. As for portable auctioneers...doesn't the upgraded Argent tournament
squire do that?
Kelaan
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:16 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Agreed! I "wasted" ~1400g on it, and could not be happier with the results.
It's a gnome. With rocket feet. AWESOME.

And, also, I can dump bop gear in the bank or whatnot as needed, etc. The ONLY thing I am dissatisfied with is that I have no more of the normal repair bots on hand, and thus my repair bot has a 4H cooldown. Doh. /shrug... not like I can't make more.
Worldie
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:22 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Bah i'm still at 427 Engi, what's the cheapest way to level to 450 so i can build myself Jeeves as well? Got mats already <.<
Corpsicle
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:27 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Well, the pocket knife is typically the final skill up recipe though it takes so many I wouldn't call it cheap. I had great luck though using the Sun Scopes to level the last 15 or so points on. It turned green around the same time as the knife, but it gave skill ups like a yellow recipe - 1 every 2 or so combines. I may have just been exceptionally lucky, but I'd still likely recommend trying it at least. The gems should be cheap enough to come up with now.

For me, all that was mentioned before plus the wormhole generator. I am glad that while adding all the new toys they didn't forget to up the engineering only self enchants. Parachute cloak and rocket boots are some of my favorite things and the belt stun for mechanicals is useful at times. :) Very glad I stayed with engineering - they probably could have given me just a wormhole generator to make me happy, this is so much more than expected.
Sarevok
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:40 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Yep, got my schematic in our last Deconstructor kill. Gathering mats now. :D
Dianora
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:08 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Worldie wrote:Bah i'm still at 427 Engi, what's the cheapest way to level to 450 so i can build myself Jeeves as well? Got mats already <.<


Gnomish Army Knife is your friend...
fafhrd
Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:37 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

don't go my route and spent several thousand gold worth of saronite making army knives though. had to bite the bullet in the end and make epic bop helms to level the last 3 points.
Boxy
Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:01 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

I think i got really lucky when i level'd engineering on my lock. I only had to make half the gnomish knives i thought it would need, spent about 300ish gold getting the last 10 points to 450.
Koremar82
Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:34 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

I spent an hour on sunday morning farming the Jeeves drop in Storm Peaks, only to realise i didn't have the "old" scrapbot recipes, so farmed them aswell, took me 4 hours in total to get everything, the only stuff i bought were the King Embers with my alt's spare heroism emblems. I love it, a Gnome with rockets is class!
Annadin
Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:59 am

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

There's often a Jeeves floating between the Dalaran engineering shop and the mailbox right across the street...

Auctioneer, mailbox and bank all within 10 yards of each other is pure win :D
halabar
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:20 pm

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

Koremar82 wrote:I spent an hour on sunday morning farming the Jeeves drop in Storm Peaks, ...


Did you get it? which mobs?
dmok
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:23 pm

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

halabar wrote:Did you get it? which mobs?

I just killed the mobs the other side of the dropoff from Ulduar. Got my schematic on my hunter in about 20 minutes of farming.
halabar
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

dmok wrote:
halabar wrote:Did you get it? which mobs?

I just killed the mobs the other side of the dropoff from Ulduar. Got my schematic on my hunter in about 20 minutes of farming.


Will have to try that tonight if Uld10 doesn't happen.
fafhrd
Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:32 pm

Re: Jeeves is an Epic Win for Engineering

def try to do ulduar first. drop rate off XT/mim seems quite good, along with all the XT/MiM trash probably.

Got mine a few days ago off XT, haven't farmed up all the old crap to make it.