Skip to content
Maintankadin

AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Fivelives
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:27 am

AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Where are some really good spots for AoE grinding at 80? I don't think I've seen any lists of those anywhere here, and my search-fu fails me, so maybe we could compile a list here.
Candiru
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:30 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Does Chillmaw daily count? Quick and easy way to get some gold solo!
Aubade
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:50 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

fishing daily
cooking daily
jc daily
bg daily
tournament dailies
sit in AH and turn profit.

???

PROFIT!
Fivelives
Fri Jul 17, 2009 9:55 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

I don't fish or cook, and the jousting dailies make me want to gouge my eyes out with rusty sporks then punch babies with them. Same with WoW PVP.

So I'm looking for good grinding spots at 80 a la death's door and the terrace outside BT at 70, where I can get cash, some kind of valuables for the AH (relics of ulduar, etc) and call it good. At first I thought about the spot in western Icecrown (minus relics etc) but then I realized that whole area was phased out (the skeletons with ~4k hp and nearly instaspawns) during the quest chain, so that's not an option.
Aubade
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:00 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

So what do you do?


you just basically said you don't play this game at all.

'cept for raiding, i assume you do that. but that can pay for itself.


Honestly there isn't anyplace like that. Since even then those got you considerably less gold/hr than farming the AH or just doing dailies.
Fivelives
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:05 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

I solo MC (x2 - DK/Tankadin), ZG (x2), AQ20 (DK, tankadin has problems in there), Onyxia (x2), and work on various alts that I've got tooling around. I also run heroics and pug raids that don't start with "Uld" and end with "uar". On occasion, I've been known to run my friends alts through lowbie instances as well.

Relics of ulduar sell for 5g/each on my server quite faster than I can put them up on the AH, so what about the iron dwarf cave, and the mine in Brunnhildar village? Think outside the "OMG DAILIES" box for a minute and let's find some spots where the drops are relatively profitable and the mobs don't take forever to respawn.
Aubade
Fri Jul 17, 2009 10:18 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

If they sell fast and for 5G a pop then the cave right below the Valkyrie chicks in the southwest part of storm peaks might be your best bet, although i still think AH farming is the way to go. I've been making roughly 2k/hr off infinite dust and i've heard you can make upwards of 6-7k a week on the glyph market with only 1 hour a day. although you should really consider the daily market. 1k Stormjewels and northrend spices don't hurt y'know.
Constantíne
Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:52 pm

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Aubade's right, there honestly isn't really any place left like that anymore. After BC it seems Blizz made sure that mobs are further apart to prevent AoE grinding, presumably because certian classes can take advantage of it while other's can't.

The closest you will find is the 'converted heroes' in Icecrown where, if you are lucky, you can pull 2 grps of 6 + thier 'masters' for a grand total of 13-14 mobs. You can do this in about 3 places in the northern part of Icecrown, but you have to run a bit to get both groups at once. Even then, I've found it's not really worth it.
Aubade
Fri Jul 17, 2009 12:55 pm

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Constantíne wrote:The closest you will find is the 'converted heroes' in Icecrown where, if you are lucky, you can pull 2 grps of 6 + thier 'masters' for a grand total of 13-14 mobs. You can do this in about 3 places in the northern part of Icecrown, but you have to run a bit to get both groups at once. Even then, I've found it's not really worth it.



Mm I forgot about those mobs. I seem to remember a prot paladin grinding those like MAD to rush to 80. But i don't think they make very good gold unless frostweave is expensive on your server, I kill them every day for my 15 scourge daily (since they're right in between chillmaw and the jousting.)
Kelaan
Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:41 pm

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Aubade wrote:raiding ... can pay for itself.

How does raiding pay for itself? I'm genuinely curious. If I raid three nights a week, that's 12 flasks (240g), plus 60g-100g in repairs. 300-340g/week per person, times either ten or 25 is 3k or 7.5k gold/week. How does raiding pay those costs for a raid team?

I think you meant to say, raiding pays for itself once everything is on farm.
Candiru
Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:48 pm

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Ninja the pure saronite veins?
Creepydoc
Fri Jul 17, 2009 5:03 pm

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Why do AH farmers always bag on the grinding farmers? If it wasn't for the grinders, we wouldn't be able to farm the AH as effectively, as the AH would run dry.

\ Dailies + AH Farmer
\\ Loves the Grinders
Xfighter
Fri Jul 17, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Aubade wrote:
Constantíne wrote:The closest you will find is the 'converted heroes' in Icecrown where, if you are lucky, you can pull 2 grps of 6 + thier 'masters' for a grand total of 13-14 mobs. You can do this in about 3 places in the northern part of Icecrown, but you have to run a bit to get both groups at once. Even then, I've found it's not really worth it.



Mm I forgot about those mobs. I seem to remember a prot paladin grinding those like MAD to rush to 80. But i don't think they make very good gold unless frostweave is expensive on your server, I kill them every day for my 15 scourge daily (since they're right in between chillmaw and the jousting.)

These are actually pretty effective for making money. In about 2 nights of maybe 2 hours each night, I made off with something like 50 greens level 77+, 500 frostweave (still have this) by the end, as well as made roughly 60-100g in cash drops + vendor trash an hour.

Have Righteous Fury up for the damage reduction, seal of light, blessing of sanctuary, and retribution aura.

You basically fly around, till you see two of the groups near-ish each other, agro one, and then run to the other while popping consecrate to keep them from resetting, grab the other pack, holy wrath, and then mow them down. If needed, pop a holy light/couple flashes, mount up, and repeat. Goes by very quickly. When you get slowed, just pop blessing of freedom, it generally lasts until you hit the second pack of mobs.


It's a great alternative to doing dailies/working the AH, but I must say that doing at least your tourny dailies as well as grinding these, will net you a decent amount of cash for minimal effort. You can also have a tailor turn your frost weave into greens and get those DE'd for even more enchanting mats.
Aubade
Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:44 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

Kelaan wrote:
Aubade wrote:raiding ... can pay for itself.

How does raiding pay for itself? I'm genuinely curious. If I raid three nights a week, that's 12 flasks (240g), plus 60g-100g in repairs. 300-340g/week per person, times either ten or 25 is 3k or 7.5k gold/week. How does raiding pay those costs for a raid team?

I think you meant to say, raiding pays for itself once everything is on farm.



Runed orbs and BoE epics.

I used to make out like a frkn bandit from our 10M Hardmode group, just becuase of the extra conquest badges and BoEs
Punkss2
Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:49 am

Re: AoE grinding at 80 for fun and profit?

My guild is starting to provide flasks, pots and fish feasts. We also will get 100g guild repairs for progression nights.