Skip to content
Maintankadin

Anyone else hoping we don't get a Last Stand ?

Bobness
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:07 am

Anyone else hoping we don't get a Last Stand ?

We've got a new cooldown on Divine Protection which talented brings us down to 2 mins, however we are now the only Tank without a temporary health boost, i'm good with not having the best cooldowns but there is obviously something amiss, or should I say there is a likely addition to either our cooldowns or mitigation.

Personally I'd really like to see Ardent Defender become Non-Leapfroggable, does anyone else see the same/Other alternatives to last Stand happening ?
_________________
gmf1
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:15 am
Ardent defender fix would be awesome, don't need some health on demand crap. All they need to do is change how ardent defender works and we would be sweet.

I'm sure dk's had an ability similar to our ardent defender but couldnt find it maybe i'm imagining things
_________________
Lightstrike
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:15 am
We don't need a last stand..

If the changes go through we're getting a mini-bubble on a 2 min cd as well as our bubble wall and couple that with some trinkets.. we're easily the best mitigating tanks as it is...

Not sure how they would stack but can you just imagine DP+HS+self cast HoSalv?

If they stack additively you're looking at 70% damage reduction on top of 60% armour on top of approx 50% pure avoidance and then theres an average of 1200BV..

A 40k hit would be reduced to under 4k? and there's only a 50% chance it would hit you in the first place :/
_________________
Bobness
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:19 am
HOSALV Glyph is pretty much a PVP tool (as far as I can see), whilst I could easily live with 20% less threat now i'm not sure how much i'd like that if threat was riding me closer.

It's a Glyph with a real negative Cost..
_________________
Kelaan
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:28 am
I disagree. The threat loss is bad, but between tricks of the trade, Misdirection, and taunts, it shouldn't be THAT bad. I'd rather have the tool available for use, just in case. (THough ... not sure where i'd fit the glyph. Is it a minor one?)
Macawber
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:38 am

Re: Anyone else hoping we don't get a Last Stand ?

I also really don't want last stand, it's just so boring. The only alternative I can think of other than buffing AD would be some way of blocking Malygos or Sartharion type breath attacks with your shield. I can't really think of the details as to how that would work though.
Lightstrike
Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:43 am
The divine plea glyph will give us another 3% reduction on all dmaage, maybe that'll be enough?
_________________
Bobness
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:06 am
Using Warriors as a base a one minute Shield Wall & 30 Second Talented Last Stand (this will obviously change) then Ardent Defender changing to a Non-Leapfroggable basis is not so out of the question.

Given that Ardent Defender should only ever trigger when your Healers are struggling then chances are it will guarantee you not dying to one hit that otherwise would have killed you.

I'm not saying it's current incarnation should just simply change, but that it seems the most logical place to make a tweak & keep us competitive without making us all the same.
_________________
Ragingsoul
Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:40 am
made me think of something.

What if Arden defender would be a passive and active cd?

by that, I mean, it would still reduce dmg taken by 30% at lower than 35% hp, but we could active it on let's say a 2min cd for something like:

"When activated, when not under 35% hp, the next attact what would normaly kill you is reduce by 30% of you hp".
You could say it's a last stand, but it techniclly doesn't increase your hp and would not work under 35% hp.

up sides: a hit just big enough to get you to 50% to 0% in 1 hit, if activated, woudn't kill you, just like last stand works

downside: you could get to a couple % hp and the ability isn't activated. in that case we would have AD working untill the next heal.

it's just something I came up with now, feel free to comment.
_________________
ragingsoul - Legend - Burning-steppes