Skip to content
Maintankadin

how to make gold on PTR?

samsara
Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:50 am

how to make gold on PTR?

Stupid as i am (most of the time) i transfered my mainchar, and i also i transfered my most fun alt warlock.

On live servers i handle stuff that i have about 500g on my main and on each alt and then i have my little priest "captainfuture" who is the GL of my guildbank i share with my best buddy and have send all gold from my chars which is more than the 500g to this char and put it on the guildbank.

We have quite some gold there but now i'm on PTR and have all in all 1000g gold. Is there some kind of ATM in dalaran where you can get money to test new features , like DualSpec wich cost 1000g gold, or should i just try to sell all my healing and ret stuff which is laying on the bank? This would probably be possibel but on the other hand, if i sell this stuff, why should i then buy dualspec with no gear for it Smile ....

Any ideas how to get gold on ptr?
_________________
lvl 70 / Samsara / Der Mithrilorden
Rahl
Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:54 am
if you play horde on the pvp ptr i can just send you 1k gold. I think there's only 1 pvp server.
_________________
amh
Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:03 am
I don´t think there´s a level requirement for transferring characters. Just take everything from that guild bank of yours, stuff it in your bank-alt´s bags, initiate the transfer.

Last time around I had no idea prices would be so inflated, so I arrived with 29 gold.. Across both characters -_-

Took a third alt, gathered up all the resources I had (even borrowed a few thousand gold off a mate), copied it over. Problem solved :)
_________________
Paladin
Deathnugget
A priest called Beer
Levantine
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:46 am
Level 10 I thought the level req was.
_________________
Levantine: 80 Frost [27k HP, 27k Armor, 544 Def]
Anzen: 30 Elemental [Resto in the making]
samsara
Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:04 am
hm, sure, but when i transfered it where was about no queue and it took 4 day's, now the char-copy site tells me something about "at the moment no char-copy"

i give it a try in the evening when i'm not at work.


@Rahl:

this would be realy cool if posible. But it seems you are on the us-ptr's. I'm on the europe one's and there are 4 ptr-realms which all are pvp
_________________
lvl 70 / Samsara / Der Mithrilorden
halabar
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:33 pm
Actually, if you have a crafting prof, you can make good gold from folks that didn't plan, and don't have a way of transferring other toons.

Also, if you play the AH on the PTR, you can get an idea of what the new hot items will be on live, allthough PTR prices are usually inflated.
_________________

Sarutankah
Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:35 pm
I copied my paladin over 4 times and sold every epic/mat on the other 3 then sent the g to the other one.


I gave 4 people 1kg to try dual spec yesterday
_________________