Skip to content
Maintankadin

Tanking Target Dummy

Fridmarr
Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Tanking Target Dummy

They are adding a pretty cool feature to the PTR for some testing, a tanking version of a patchwerk target dummy. This is a pretty cool feature, I wonder it if will ever go to live realms.

Chunes
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:12 pm
haha wow that is really sick. Finally a way to benchmark applicants perhaps?
_________________
Mutley
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:26 pm
A way for blizzard to see which class is down in the dirt first most likely. At least on an encounter that's not based on tank cooldowns.
_________________
Mutley
Vek'nilash EU
Cakes
Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:32 pm
Heh, I wonder if these things are going to be able to kill you. I can just imagine someone running by the Patchwerk dummy in IF and thinking "Hey, this thing is new" and then getting obliterated.
_________________
http://www.armorylite.com/us/ysera/Jerrycakes
Kelaan
Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:07 pm
I would absolutely LOVE such a thing. Even if it's a giant mechanical gnomish contraption.

s/Even/Especially/;

Wink
moduspwnens
Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:22 pm
I'd log my hunter and MD the Patchwerk dummy to noobs. :O
_________________
Collecting mounts? Check this out.
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Majiben
Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:49 am
If they want to be comprehensive they should make two versions, one that simulates damage and causes not actual damage and one that ends like a duel, with you surrendering at 1%. That way tanks can test themselves and their gear all alone and the other version can serve as a test to healers.
_________________
fafhrd
Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:06 am
Is this actually supposed to be in IF or something? From the post I got the impression they just had a naxx instance set up with modified versions of PW.
_________________

1/1 Lore pre-nerf.