Skip to content
Maintankadin

The Baron's mount

Rummy
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:00 pm

The Baron's mount

So is anyone else farming the baron's mount from Strat since they changed it from a 0.02% to a 1% drop

I had the purple skeletal mount from pvp ranking on my orc shammy a few years ago and imo it is still the coolest looking mount

Baron's mount looks alot like this, and i think it will be a sweet ride for my dwarf pally

I've done 6 runs total in the last 2 nights, so at this rate it should take 2 to 3 weeks tops.

If you've got it, or still farming it, how many runs did it take or how long have you been trying.

I used to farm strat for teh mount and gold at lvl 70 and it was actually difficult the first few times, till i developed a strat, but at 80 its a 15min jaunt
_________________
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Khaz%27goroth&n=Rumstock
Zoltar
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:12 pm
I farmed it for about 3 weeks before LK was released as raiding had pretty much dried up at that point. Was very much a rip through the Ziggerats, kill Baron, run out, reset, rinse and repeat type affair with each run taking about 25 mins.

Got a load of rep, made a ton of cash but never once saw the mount.
_________________
.
.
.
Conaan!
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:20 pm
2nd day of 3.0.2, 4 baron runs, mount recieved
_________________
Zironic
Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:24 pm
Actually at 3 runs a night you'll be looking at 33 days average for the mount, (You have an 64% chance to get it within 100 runs to reach 90% chance you'd need 229 runs, 99% = 458 runs)
_________________
Achtung
Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:17 pm
I got it the first time I ran it after 3.0.2.

Wasn't even there for the mount, I was just testing out the new DPS that our abilities gave us.
_________________
Yae, 80 Paladin, Aman'thul Horde
sleku
Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:36 pm
40 runs pre 3.0, 10 runs after, and it dropped.

Plus, made runs so much easier with actual dps capabilities.

On 80 it takes 10-15mins per run usually.
moduspwnens
Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:31 pm
The only healthy way to think about it is that every single time you loot him, there's a 1% chance that the mount will drop. Anything else will just make your brain hurt over stuff that doesn't matter anyway.

I farmed a little pre-3.0, but I haven't killed him since the mount dropped, so whatever's on my armory is correct.
_________________
Collecting mounts? Check this out.
Moduspwnens - Shattered Hand
Aelissa
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:35 pm


My girlfriend is tired of her elekk mount, so we've been trying to get it, but no luck. Maybe we should try again today, it dropping on friday the 13th would be nice and ironic.
_________________
vegardhv
Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:51 pm
I did about 15 runs there, and no mount yet. I get some gold from runecloth and blue/green items vendored auctioned, so it's not a waste of time when I don't get it. That being said - it's kind of boring.

Everyother time I get slowed down by those spiders, that silence and web me to the ground, darn I hate them. So then I use a few minutes longer,
Taeron
Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:19 am
123 runs, no mount.

You can guess how well RNG is treating me for Be Mine! achievement as well.
_________________

=== http://wow.kreatorij.si ===
Asterial
Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:45 am
I must be monumentally lucky.

I got to revered with Argent Dawn during the build up phase to WotLK release killing those things near the floating Ziggarauts.

I figured going to exalted whilst trying to farm the Rivendare's Death Charger would be a good idea.

With clearing quests inside Strath and others outside I got to exalted after about 10 or 11 runs (using the argent dawn comission trinket)..

On my 7th run the mount dropped.

I love seeing DeathKnights on their free mount and when I get asked what mine is.. I tell them its the proper Death Knights mount.
_________________
At last DKPsigs is picking up info from WoW Armoury again....