Skip to content
Maintankadin

Anyone else concerned about the unintented, huge nerf on LoH

rickforking
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:35 pm

Anyone else concerned about the unintented, huge nerf on LoH

This is a tankadin discussion. Not that I don't love our holy and ret brethrin, but I just happen to be referring to tanking, as that is what I do.

With the shift in our mana regen coming with 3.10, it seems like we are losing one of our "Oh shit" buttons. Since the 30% mana reduction is coming off of GBTL and is being reduced with perpetual divine plea, that means instead of a 5% health LOH restoring us to 100%, it will be 50% instead. Seeing as how this is basically our response to Last Stand, it does give me pause, considering our buttons were arguably the worst already.

Am I worrying too much, or is this as big of a deal as I feel it is?
Eanin
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:41 pm
Divine Plea doesn't reduce LoH healing.
_________________
TheBelloc
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:42 pm
It's been tested that LOH healing is not nerfed by the 50% reduced healing effect from DP.

EDIT:
Panzerdin
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 pm
KysenMurrin tested it. See the patch thread.
_________________
If you shoot Anthony several hundred times with an anti-tank rifle whilst he is stabbed to death by a squad of ninja monkeys, he will be dead.

OK?
Fridmarr
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:44 pm
If we are to have a 100% divine plea uptime, that would be problematic. According to folks posting in the 3.09 thread it's not affecting LoH healing. Also, can you remove Divine Plea and also remove the healing effects? So a macro like...

/cancelaura Divine Plea
/cast Lay on Hands

would work?
_________________
http://armorylite.com/us/frostmane/fridmarr/
rickforking
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:46 pm
Oh good. That was quite a concern. Thanks for the info.
Fedaykin98
Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:50 pm
I'm pretty sure I've had gimped LoHs from Divine Plea before, but if they changed that, fabulous. I'll test it later.
_________________
Splug
Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:12 pm
Tested it myself unintentionally; lay hands is giving full value heals with divine plea up... well, on myself at least.

And yes, divine plea is a single buff. You can cancel it early to remove the healing debuff, but whatever regeneration ticks hadn't occurred yet are gone as well.

-Splug
_________________
Active raid character - death knight: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Spyte
(usually) prot warrior: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Splug