Skip to content
Maintankadin

Some things that I can't get my head round...

Lieris
Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:35 pm

Some things that I can't get my head round...

Why is there damage and healing on our tier sets instead of pure holy damage? Is this so we can heal ourselves whilst AOE tanking (lol)? All of those wasted item points that could be used for more stamina when we already have so many different stats to stack gives me a headache.

Why is it that there are no epic paladin tank weapons? I don't buy the "we're too niche" argument when there are so many good epic feral druid weapons in the game. Besides maybe we wouldn't be so niche if gearing up wasn't so damn difficult!

Why is it that block value also helps warrior threat but not ours? Wouldn't it be plausible for example that block value increased holy shield reflective damage?

Yes these are questions for Blizzard I know but I really had to vent on here so forgive me. Embarassed
_________________
Velaegis
Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:44 pm
I have a mission for you.

Go write a long, well worded and POLITE essay and post it on the official forums. Shamans and Druids both did that within the past two weeks, and got blue responses. PLEEAAAASSEEE do it, it might even get covered by Wowinsider.

...Unless you're like me, and you CAN'T. In that case, request that someone else does it. Very Happy

EDIT: Here are the Druid and Shaman posts for inspiration Wink

http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=508511340&postId=5081157842&sid=1#0
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=1133985382&postId=11338337584&sid=1

Also, show some love to Ret. Holy (to my knowledge) is fine, but Prot and Ret could use some lovin'. We all know the Prot problems (not enough Stam, not good against one target.... etc.) but I'm sure you can find some Ret issues after a couple minutes of Official forums reading. Smile
_________________
Lieris
Thu Aug 30, 2007 4:57 pm
I am a former retribution paladin (I changed to protection to help my guild and to get more ret gear a few months ago but I kinda stuck with it) so I am well acquainted with ret issues (in a word... threat!) but I think Cromfel/Timangi has things pretty well covered. I largely agree with what he says.

I will probably post a wordier post than this on the official forum with a couple more things that have me utterly baffled but I wanted to vent here first in case I am being thick and that there are logical reasons for why things are the way they are! Smile
_________________
Velaegis
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:01 pm
...Who? Razz

Honestly though, if you don't want to do it, I'll type it up, post it here and someone else can post it on the official forums. I've been waiting for a Pally version of those threads for a while.
_________________
Velaegis
Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:10 pm
Oh snap!

Well, post a Protection one then. It won't hurt Wink
_________________
Lore
Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:04 pm

Re: Some things that I can't get my head round...

Just to play Devil's Advocate...

Lieris
Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:46 pm

Re: Some things that I can't get my head round...

NB I know Lore is playing Devil's Advocate:

John Ra
Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:34 am
I will definitely agree that it isn't fair that there's epic armor which specialize in +shadow or +frost or +fire spells yet none that specialize in +holy. There are only two classes that can wear plate, one of which doesn't have any kind of spells. Throw us a bone, Blizz!
_________________